Exhaust Cat ?

Hey guys, I am waiting on the SSS exhaust to get here... and im waiting on the off road x pipes also... I had an idea that im sure some people have done before but i wanted to run it by everyone here first to see if it is worth the hastle. A buddy of mine has a newer GTO and what he did because we dont have emissions testing was he took his cats off.. ran off roads.. but cut his cats.. shelled them.. and took the off road pipes and slid them on.. basically for looks. Granted his car is loud as a bear passin a kidney stone, and he was pulled over once the cop looked under.. saw the cats and just proceeded to talk about the car.

all in all i was just wondering if it is worth it to just slap the cats on over the OR, or just leave the stock midpipe and sell it?

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't do it unless you are really worried about being pulled over. Even if you are, it's usually a "fix it" ticket in most areas.

I would keep the stock mid pipe and switch it back to pass inspection. Will help a ton if you ever need to pass emissions.