Exhaust Clip Mega Thread

• Sponsors (?)

My clips are almost all with an X, but i do have some that are all Mac with a Pro Chamber and the Flowpaths. Otherwise they're labeled as such:

Magnaflow:
View attachment 296043
View attachment 296045

Magnaflows without tail pipes:
View attachment 296046

Forza Flow 3'' (same as Flowmaster 2 chamber 3'')
View attachment 296048

Mac Pro Chamber with Flowpath mufflers:
View attachment 296050
View attachment 296052

Mac setup, dumped:
View attachment 296054
View attachment 296056
View attachment 296058

Custom 1 chamber Flowmasters (2 chambers with the rear chamber cut off and welded back up) with 3'' tail pipes:
View attachment 296061

Dynomax Race Bullets dumped:
View attachment 296063

Here's what a 11.5:1 compression, 400+hp 347 sounds like with Mac full lengths, an X pipe and a Mac cat-back (my buddy's car):
View attachment 296065

Unfortunately i didn't start doing the driving style clips until i got the Magnaflows, but they're better than nothing i guess. In my opinion, two things i'll never spend money on again are the Mac Pro Chamber (i'll never run anything but an X) and Race Bullets. Even an X couldn't make the Bullets sound good.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS WHOLE POST :rlaugh:

That's over about a 3 year period but at one time i think i did have 3 sets in the span of a month.

Why not? It's the single easiest way to make your car like new again, aside from a new set of wheels, but exhaust is cheaper. Once you get a good X pipe and a good set of tail pipes, if you get a set that are slip on style, you can swap out mufflers in about a half hour and you don't have to spend the money on a full cat-back to get the change, you just buy new mufflers and go (usually less than $150).

1. UPR cat'ed X-pipe (GARBAGE) with Pypes Violator mufflers and Dynomax 2.5" tails;
2. Jeg's off-road X-pipe with Dynomax Super Turbo #17676 mufflers and side-exits AND a really bad leak at the header flange (oops);
3. Same as #2, minus the header flange leak. :D

UPR cat'ed X + Violators/Jeg's O/R X + Dynomaxes Video by That Dave Guy - MySpace Video

FWIW, the side-exit combo sounds good with an off-road H-pipe or stock H-pipe, but for some reason with an off-road X-pipe it sounds like poop. Also should have gone with straight-out exits instead of trying to use elbows to sweep them backward, as it wound up looking kinda stupid. Ultimately, I went back to the Violators and Dynomax tails with the Jeg's X-pipe and I'm overall pretty happy with it - much louder, more raspy, but still no drone. :nice: