Exhaust cut outs??

• Sponsors (?)

I'm getting a response from another web site that one person says they aren't good for a fuel injected engine because of the back pressure, or lack there of with the cut outs. One guy says that if I have the right cam, head, intake package that it is fine...

You think they help?

running a 14.4 i wouldn't waste your money on cutouts.. not until you're in the 10's or possinly low 11's could they help much, if at all.. They expensive, problematic, loud(really?), etc.. money that should be spent on useful upgrades IMO, but it's your car and be sure to post a clip if you get em. they also make electronic cutouts where you flick a switch and get open headers..

Thats an old setup. I'm running a much different set up now. Explorer intake, GT40P heads and headers. Haven't hit the track with it yet, but it should pull around 12.8'ish.

I would get them electronically installed if I got them.

I'm getting a response from another web site that one person says they aren't good for a fuel injected engine because of the back pressure, or lack there of with the cut outs. One guy says that if I have the right cam, head, intake package that it is fine...

You think they help?

Yes, they help. I've used he same setup on two cars. An EFI car that ran from 12.90's to 11.60's when I had it, and my current car that began life at 15.90 and now runs 10.90's. They cost less than $50., excluding welding. I am surprised more people don't use them. It takes about 1 minute to uncap them.

However, if you are running CCC, the exhuast must pass through the mufflers so... no cutouts for CCC.