Exhaust Cut-Outs

• Sponsors (?)

Yes and no

I ran open headers for a week and was actually surprised to finally find a set up too loud for me. Now I'm running Cooks headers through Magnaflow hi flow cats and turndowns before the crossover. Its still freaking loud but manageable around the police. So i cant tell ya which exhaust cut out is better but I can tell you that you might want to have some length of pipe before the cut out.

Are you thinking about electric cutouts or the old cover with wing nuts? The electric cut outs seem very cool. You can open them up whenever you want. If you are at a light, you can just flip the switch and throughly frighten nearly anyone in the lane next to you. :D The only problem is the cost is a bit high, and you need 2 cut outs. It WILL be ungodly loud.

The only use for the old wing nut style is to open them up at the track. Realistically, the exhaust system on the 05+ mustangs is very efficient and I doubt you'd gain more than a few ponies from opening them up.

I have a wing nut style cutout on my 2.3 which I open up when I go to the track. Normally, I gain .2 and 2mph, but the exhaust system is very quiet and restrictive after the cutout. It has a 3" downpipe, then the 3" cutout. After that, it reduces to a SINGLE 2.5" crush bend system. Great sleeper factor when the exhaust is closed. :p

yeah i was hoping to get the electric for the convenience of opening it up whenever i please but i didn't know if there was a certain brand to get. i just did a google search for some and i think some of them were around $300. so should i just get a universal set or is there a manufacturer that specifically makes them for 05+?

yeah i was hoping to get the electric for the convenience of opening it up whenever i please but i didn't know if there was a certain brand to get. i just did a google search for some and i think some of them were around $300. so should i just get a universal set or is there a manufacturer that specifically makes them for 05+?

QTP makes a VERY nice product. I highly doubt someone makes a cut just for the mustang. all it is is a y-pipe with a butterfly that bolts up to it. a cable is then run into the interior. all you need is a ground and a 12v source. I have a set on my 95 and I love them. more orless for show but fun none the less.