Exhaust gas temperatures

• Sponsors (?)

That cylinder is not firing.

Fuel
Compression
Spark

There are various checks to check if each is an issue. If you suspect valves, a compression test should tell you if that is the case. Otherwise if compression is fine, you have an injector not firing or a spark plug not igniting.

I recommend a new thread in the 5.0 forum vs this one in the welcome forum

I’m assuming this is the cobra replica with an EFI 302-based motor?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Fuel
Compression
Spark

There are various checks to check if each is an issue. If you suspect valves, a compression test should tell you if that is the case. Otherwise if compression is fine, you have an injector not firing or a spark plug not igniting.

Hey thanks for the correction. I'm new and haven't learned quite yet how to navigate. I have a 90 Gt. 5.0L supercharged mildly with a Paxton sn 2000. Trick flow intake . Hella ported patriot heads. Stock cam with 1.7 trick flow rocker arms. And the compression is great. 180 across all eight. New mass air meter set for the new 24 pound injectors. The car is fairly fast . Rebuilt about five thousand miles ago. It's built up for strength as well. Bottom end and heads everything is aro studs. Short headers

Fuel
Compression
Spark

Fuel
Compression
Spark

I'm sorry about the wrong forum. It's a 90 5.0 gt. Everything is new. Everything. Full msd ignition yada yada. Thanks for the heads up on the forum. I've tested the three things needed for it to run. I'm baffled. I even did leak down and compression. It is tight. 180 psi across the board and five pct. Leakdown. . I'll post it on the general site. Thanks for the info!