Exhaust GT to V6

stangerdrew0716

Nov 20, 2003
Hey guyz, kinda new to the game. I just bought my 95 V6 standard shift, in October, and I want to start w/ some modifications. Now, I've been looking at different exhaust systems, and I have one question. I know that the v6 mustangs have single exhaust, and they need a y pipe to convert to duals. Now the questions is, if i switch to an X or H pipe from my headers, will an exhuast system made for a GT fit on my car provided the size of the tubing is the same? Not sure if this is too confusing, or if I worded it wrong. Hope to hear from you guyz soon.

• Sponsors (?)

stangerdrew0716 said:
Hey guyz, kinda new to the game. I just bought my 95 V6 standard shift, in October, and I want to start w/ some modifications. Now, I've been looking at different exhaust systems, and I have one question. I know that the v6 mustangs have single exhaust, and they need a y pipe to convert to duals. Now the questions is, if i switch to an X or H pipe from my headers, will an exhuast system made for a GT fit on my car provided the size of the tubing is the same? Not sure if this is too confusing, or if I worded it wrong. Hope to hear from you guyz soon.

You can use a GT system, but it doesnt sound all that mean compared to aftermarket mufflers. On the other hand its cheap. I sold my catback for 50 bucks I think. If you want one, it wont be hard to find a GT guy thatll take anything for his old pipes!