Exhaust HP increase?

tsrek

Apr 8, 2005
I have read that some aftermarket exhaust Mods only add sound, but no Fury? does anyone know which Mods acctually increase HP? and Sound?

Proven with a Dyno test?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been posted before.

• Sponsors (?)

tsrek said:
I have read that some aftermarket exhaust Mods only add sound, but no Fury? does anyone know which Mods acctually increase HP? and Sound?

Proven with a Dyno test?

I just posed my dyno results & the only mod I have is ford racing shorty headers & hydrocarbob trap removed. I didn't do a before so i don't know how much if any HP id added. I can tell a difference in the sound and it seems to pull a little more (very little) about 300 more rpms.

Saw a comparison test on the latest name brand units, and gains varied between 3 and 23-25 RWHP.

I will dig up the article.I cannot remember the brand axle back that made the most power.

I personally will just axe the mufflers and call it good.

tsrek said:

Proven with a Dyno test?

I dont beleive that you will see any significant performance gains by changing out just the exhaust. Headers will, but just the piping and mufflers no. The system on the 05 Mustang is actually pretty good as it stands. Any changes that you make without headers will just change the level and tone and the sounds out the back. Flowmaster did a run and found no gains on an 05'. Please, if I am wrong someone correct me.