Exhaust leak?

Tru_Blue_104

Nov 13, 2003
MN
I just installed a cat on my 89 lx. I replaced the whole pipe, from the exhaust manifold to the rear exhaust. I am having trouble getting the flanges on the manifold and rear exhaust to seal completely. Any thoughts on how I could remedy this? Also, I bought an exhaust manifold from a 1996 ranger. Any suggestions about where to mount the O2 sensor? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Tru_Blue_104 said:
I just installed a cat on my 89 lx. I replaced the whole pipe, from the exhaust manifold to the rear exhaust. I am having trouble getting the flanges on the manifold and rear exhaust to seal completely. Any thoughts on how I could remedy this? Also, I bought an exhaust manifold from a 1996 ranger. Any suggestions about where to mount the O2 sensor? Thanks guys.

Might have to take it all appart and try it again, that is what I would say. I would start fromt the header and work you way to the back. As for the Ranger header you will have to get a O2 bung welded in, like mine. You can get a local shop to do this cheap.

Here is a pic of mine.
attachment.php

no reason to cap the EGR... just pull off the vacuum hose from it and plug the vacuum hose up so it never opens. If the EGR is opening and closing, your comptuer will adjust for it, however if it activates the solenoid and nothing happens, the sensor on the EGR tells the computer that nothing is happening and you run less of a risk of running rich or lean...