• Glasspack Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chambered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stang9597

Jul 20, 2016
KY
I recently bought a 1995 5.0 5 speed stang. I will be swapping the h/c/I and a few other bolt ons. I bought bbk shortys and have an x pipe. I bought exhaust cutouts but accidentally got 3 inch instead of 2.5. Would 3 inch sound good? Or would I lose performance with that big of piping? Also what kind of mufflers should I run? It will be dumped over the axle.

Attachments

• IMG_20160718_223058.jpg
    IMG_20160718_223058.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Sponsors (?)

Run a chambered muffler. Glass packs sound like crap(unless you like 4x4 truck sound). Also run tailpipes. Keeps exhaust out of the cabin and moves the noise out the back(also sounds better IMO). Depending on your specific sound requirement many like Flowmasters,DynoMax, MagnaFlow to name a few.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand completely where you are coming from cherry bomb glasspacks with the louvers are a 4x4 crappy truck sound but by "glasspack style" I was actually meaning a bullet style muffler. I have a 12" dynomax bullet on my 5.3 Sierra and it sounds amazing, not raspy or poppy, just an amazing grumble. Didn't know what it would sound like on a 5.0

I recently bought a 1995 5.0 5 speed stang. I will be swapping the h/c/I and a few other bolt ons. I bought bbk shortys and have an x pipe. I bought exhaust cutouts but accidentally got 3 inch instead of 2.5. Would 3 inch sound good? Or would I lose performance with that big of piping? Also what kind of mufflers should I run? It will be dumped over the axle.
Wow, that is an awesome header. I need chrome on my 92 GT like that.

They are beautiful but the welds were not the best in the world. Now don't get me wrong they are beautiful and are quality made here in the USA!! At a reasonable price. But the welds where the pipe meets the flange is very thick and actually blocks the flow. I'm in the process of cleaning that up a little now.

They are beautiful but the welds were not the best in the world. Now don't get me wrong they are beautiful and are quality made here in the USA!! At a reasonable price. But the welds where the pipe meets the flange is very thick and actually blocks the flow. I'm in the process of cleaning that up a little now.
Yep, that is the main reason i won't do headers again. I have some that are working great right now that came with the car, but they are old and rusted. I purchased new chrome ones for a 69 Skylark i had back in the day, and it was a pain. I'm afraid if i buy some for my 92 GT, there will be issues.

Yep, that is the main reason i won't do headers again. I have some that are working great right now that came with the car, but they are old and rusted. I purchased new chrome ones for a 69 Skylark i had back in the day, and it was a pain. I'm afraid if i buy some for my 92 GT, there will be issues.
My BBK ceramic coated long tube headers still look great after a year of being installed :nice:

But by accident I ordered the exhaust cutouts with 3 inch y-pipes, so is it okay to swell the 2.5 inch to fit the 3 and then have it bottle neck leaving the y-pipes? Cause the exhaust cutouts are a NECESSITY!! Haha