Exhaust Question

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
Hey guys what is the difference from running a brand name exhaust to running glasspacks or even straight pipes? Will the brand name like Bassani, Flowmaster, Borla, etc.... give you any more horsepower or will it just give you a different exhaust note? other then that what would be the benefit of running a few hundred dollars into a brand name exhaust compared to half the price running straight pipes?

• Sponsors (?)

xc_myers_06 said:
so would you agree that bassani has the best stuff for what it costs? also what about the x-pipe vs. the h-pipe. what is best for power and sound? what have you guys had the best success with?

:dead:

If you search, you'll find more crap then you could ever read. Exhaust note is the most subjective topic on this site. I suggest you go here http://www.mustangexhaust.com/ and find the one you like. What some of us think is total ass is music to others.

In terms of fitment, I think it all depends on what day of the week your piece was made. IE, if you got a friday or monday piece, its not gonna fit. For example, I run MAC headers, BBK X, and Flowmaster cat back and it all buttons up like it was made to run together. I've heard some people have to actually cut and weld their BBK X. It's a crapshoot. Although Bassani seems to get pretty consistent fitment compliments.

Adam

I have straight Pipes on my car comin out the side and it sounds pretty mean, but i could easily stick a muffler in there to get a diff. exhaust note but no room for an x-pipe or h-pipe without re-doing it all

I'll probably get flamed for this but I have heard some sweet exhust setups with glass packs. The chief of the fire company has a Dodge ram with glass packs and it sounds awsome and you can hear him coming down the street.