Exhaust System Recommendation Wanted

DawgStang

Apr 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I live in an apartment complex, and as such would like a high-performance exhaust system that isn't too obnoxious, yet sounds good. Must have long tubes w/ shorty catted X pipe.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

That's about a million different combinations between the 3 pipes. Myself, I'm kinda stuck with getting Bassani Mid-Lengths because I have a Bassani catted midpipe. I've got Magnapacks for a catback. Don't let an apartment complex keep you from getting what you want. Screw 'em. I live in an apartment complex and I fire up my Mach at 2:15am to go to work. It's LOUD :D. Hey, when I try to go to bed at 7:00pm I've got kids screaming outside, rap music blaring, skateboarders doing tricks right below my window. I never complain. I get payback at 2am. :rlaugh:

Go to Youtube and watch a bunch of videos with different cat-backs. Cat-back is sound preference, and you really need to hear these combos before you buy. Pretty much all cat-backs are going to make about the same power anyways. :nice:

Ok then go with whatever LTs you want (I have mac and love them) get a VRS catted X and go with magnaflows normal mufflers not that maganapcks. This would be a very high flowing system that is not that loud but will sound very good.

That's about a million different combinations between the 3 pipes. Myself, I'm kinda stuck with getting Bassani Mid-Lengths because I have a Bassani catted midpipe. I've got Magnapacks for a catback. Don't let an apartment complex keep you from getting what you want. Screw 'em. I live in an apartment complex and I fire up my Mach at 2:15am to go to work. It's LOUD :D. Hey, when I try to go to bed at 7:00pm I've got kids screaming outside, rap music blaring, skateboarders doing tricks right below my window. I never complain. I get payback at 2am. :rlaugh:

Valuable input C-Horse! That's exactly what I was looking for... Luckily I don't have too many screaming kids around. Do your 'Packs give you the drone?

Every aftermarket exhaust system will have the 2000RPM sweet spot. I get it with my system, but it's almost non-existant compared to the drone of Flowmaster's. I had the American Thunder catback on my '93 GT and the drone was rediculous. It rattled everything in my interior. With my 'Packs and Bassani I don't get that at all. It still sounds great without the interior noise. The sound is kept pretty much outside the car.

Ok then go with whatever LTs you want (I have mac and love them) get a VRS catted X and go with magnaflows normal mufflers not that maganapcks. This would be a very high flowing system that is not that loud but will sound very good.

Sounds like a good combo to me. I like my O/R X with regular Maganflow catback.

It's only obnoxious at wide open throttle. Swapping the O/R X for an O/R H though when I do LTs.

YouTube - 2004 Mustang GT Magnaflow Exhaust

longtubes, dr gas o/r X and Spintech mufflers is the best combo out there period. if you want louder go with the prostreets. quieter would be the sportsman mufflers. prostreets would be like 2chamber flows and sportsmans would be like 3 chamber flows.