Exhaust Systems

Hey guys just a few questions about exhaust systems, what would you all suggest, which systems bring out the most power? right now i have a set of hooker shorties to the h-pipe with a set of 40 series flo masters and chrome pipes, im thinking about going with BBK long tubes to a BBK X-pipe, and maybe keep my existing 40 series flo's and chrome pipes...

Has anyone done HP/TRQ Specs to find the best system? Sound i don't care about, the louder the better in my book ! :nice:

I love the sound from the stang in this video http://home.comcast.net/~cjshull/CJStangRun.mov

Thanks again for the info !!

• Sponsors (?)

Long tubes definitely, better power gain than with shorties. I would go with an H pipe, the X pipe might flow a little better but the hp gain from it would be minimal. plus H pipes just sound better! and then some flowmasters of course :nice:

long tubes and h-pipe, i agree. but, i don't know about the muffler...if sound is important to you at all, you gotta listen to some sound clips at the least to see what each sounds like. tons of ppl like flows, i don't, so it's a very subjective choice. if you just want loud, i suggest dynomax race magnum bullets (which i use) or magnapacks

Thats cool, I like deep rumble, but i don't want to do turndowns A.) Crazy inside noise. B.) I like y chrome pipes :p

I want to stay as far away from high pitched raspyness, and go for more of a LOUD low pitched growl.

So Basically BBK Long tubes, BBK Offroad h-pipe, <insert mufler of my choice here> and chrome tips.

Is there a Diffrence in ceramic coated and chrome headers?

Haxored said:
Thats cool, I like deep rumble, but i don't want to do turndowns A.) Crazy inside noise. B.) I like y chrome pipes :p

I want to stay as far away from high pitched raspyness, and go for more of a LOUD low pitched growl.

So Basically BBK Long tubes, BBK Offroad h-pipe, <insert mufler of my choice here> and chrome tips.

Is there a Diffrence in ceramic coated and chrome headers?

You bet. Headers will get up to about 1400 degrees and chrome will just deteriorate and rust will appear quickly. Ceramic coatings keep the heat inside the headers and preserve the finish. The cosmetic preservation is just a bonus, but the real advantage is lowering underhood temperatures and keeping the exhast velocity high. Check out the jet hot coatings website and read up. www.jethot.com

I have BBK lt's, BBK x, and Magnaflows. I love it but it is kind of quiet. Good for the sleeper effect. :D