Existing Member relocated to Florida!

MoDriver

Jun 9, 2003
USA
Greetings all!

I've been with StangNet for a while, but now I am In the Bradenton/Tampa, FL area.
Please, let me know of any good Mustang clubs or swap meets in the area??

TIA!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Zephyrhills a couple times a year, webster fair grounds first weekend of the month 'cept july and august. Goodguys once a year at the state fairgrounds in tampa. Anything south of tampa I'm not familiar with.

Thank you, it looks like Zephyrhills Auto Events has a swap meet in November (811). That is a little over an hour for me, but could be good to check out.
http://uw3.3a9.myftpupload.com/swap-meet-car-corral-home-page/

Webster is a little bit further, but sounds like it is more than automotive things. But, I will keep it in mind.

Tampa is closer, but I could find the Goodguys event there. However, I see the NSRA had an event there in April.
https://www.nsra-usa.com/2018-events.html

Some of those searches led me to a page that lists a large number of sar events in the Bradenton/Sarasota area!
https://www.collectorcarstv.com/car-show-schedule.html

Thanks again!

Ah, perhaps the NSRA event is the one or the canceled that venue this year. Thank you, for your input!

Yeah, I would be interested to hear from someone in the Bradenton/Sarasota (or nearby area)??
I do see some Mustangs around (as well as many Camaros..), so I suspect some are Mustang Enthusiasts that at least visit Stangnet.com.

If anyone wants to meet up locally at one of these event then let me know. I've had Fords/Mustangs from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s with interest in a future purchase as well.

Thank you, for your time, effort, and input! :)
Yeah, I used to have family in a more rural area here which was kind of nice. Although, it took a bit long to get to.. ..just about anywhere. ;)
I'm in a holding position for a little while, but may consider relocating to a bigger home in 1-3 years. Although, I just recent had a message from a recruiter out in Melbourne, FL.. But, other than some red tide, I like the Gulf of Mexico side of Florida.

Reactions: 1 user
Greetings all!

I've been with StangNet for a while, but now I am In the Bradenton/Tampa, FL area.
Please, let me know of any good Mustang clubs or swap meets in the area??

TIA!

Aw hell. Now we have to ban your current account and start you all over again with a new one. :nonono:

Here, I'll add that task to the list of things that I'll never get to because I just made them up for the sake of coming here to say, "Happy Florida". :)

I see you've met your neighbor @General karthief . Are you behind in any car payments by chance? :O_o:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey I'm in Sarasota/Bradenton too! :D Only meetup I've been to down this way is Modern Mustangs of SRQ but the turnout was really low and I had the only Fox there. Now that my car is back on the road though I'll be looking for some events to check out!

Years ago there used to be a meet up every Saturday night in bahia vista and beneva rds in the shopping center but I have not been down there in a l-o-n-g time.
Maybe we need to plan to meet up someplace in the near future, I'm sure steve would go for it. Maybe talk @VibrantRedGT into road tripping it from down south, he could bring his 'nascar encyclopedia ' with him, we can play 'stump the kid'.

Last edited:
Catching up a bit and glad I still have my account ;)
Thank you, for the "Happy Florida" and not getting to that task @Noobz347 ! (I'm originally from Gainesville, FL and after many years have returned to FL)

I was just at a "Hot Rod" show in Ellenton that had some Mustangs (SN95 and Fox and in the parking lot was a 1964.5 coupe with Shelby stripes).
http://flacarshows.com/events/event/classic-car-cruise-in-2/

@General karthief I do have a couple more payments on one car left and then I won't risk "supporting" you for a while. ;)
But, yeah, I understand that area has a number of events. I don't see any car related events coming up soon though.. Sarasota has had a lot of growth though, so that might have been a factor..
@wiseguyk do you know of a carshow that was and/or could still be at bahia vista and beneva rd?

@wiseguyk @a91 and anyone else, let me know if you are thinking of going to anything local and want to meet up??

@wiseguyk do you know of a carshow that was and/or could still be at bahia vista and beneva rd?
Sorry man, I haven't been to many car shows in the area yet since my car's been under construction for so long haha. My buddy Ron has a 1940 Ford coupe that he goes to lots of shows with though so I'll have to check with him and see which ones he likes.

I know they do em out in the Lakewood Ranch "downtown" area off University and LWR Blvd and also in Bradenton at the Hooters on 41.