Exorcising a '78

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
He knew I wanted to change to a curved handle due to Enzio's experience.

I did not use MSD for the shift handle. I traded my straight one to another guy for a brand new curved one he was going to use on an AC Cobra he was working on. I too wondered why they didn't have a shorter shifter. It's a pain to remove the consol with the long one. It can be done but not easily.

• Sponsors(?)

extra_stout

Mustang Master
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
How is your shifter boot looking?
DIY shifter handle is easy to do, if you can borrow a tube bender.
img_20210115_173412-jpg.670303

Done with that tube bender (except it is yellow):
pipe-bender-m100-3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

IICrew

Advanced Member
Mar 29, 2020
USA
I guess I caused a ruckus at Modern driveline. I cc'ed the email chain to the owner last week. Yesterday I received a call from another gentlemen from MD. He apologized repeatedly. They were preparing for SEMA last week and once he read my email took a couple days to do some verifying in house. Apparently the salesman I dealt with is being terminated. I was not the only one he dropped the ball on. The gentlemen claimed they care about their public image and will make this right.

They do carry a shorter shifters for us. They do carry shift boots. All of which the previous salesman claimed they did not carry. He sent me some links for replacement parts. Asked for pics of how this shifter fits. Time will tell but it seems they want to make it right.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Nice to know. I had quality help with them. Other than my salesguy didn't know about the shifter. Something to add to my spring list.

Reactions: 1 user