exploere gt40 intake vac. question

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
I have a gt40 explorer intake and have noticed that there are alot of vac. line ports or hard lines on the upper. I compared my stock 94 upper to it and what did you guys do with the lines? I was thinking of just putting vac. caps on and cutting the realy long hard lines in front down a bit before capping.

I mean damn if I just cap it and put it on it will look like total carp.

• Sponsors (?)

The vacuum line at the bottom front of the intake square plenum can be turned around to point at the T at the rear, then run a line between them and take the left over T back to the EGR valve. I remove one large vacuum line from the back and drill/tap it to plug it up.

I already turned one of the front hard lines around to face to the rear, The pcv line that is the same as the one off my 94 fits the same way going from two points on the upper. I only need one other little line that goes to a small vac. line. My EGR line is sep. from the intake as far as hooking from the upper (there is a 3or 4 line tee on the driver side of the bay that has this line) the only line that this sep. system links too is the small line on the upper. so I have like 3-4 hard lines I need to move/cut/plug to look nice.

What size plugs and were did you get them from Tmoss? Sounds like the best way to plug it. Also I have my stock upper that I have been trying to get to you for what a year now :) off and can get that to you if you still want one to hack up.

Thanks for the replies.

I got an Explorer intake on mine and plugged all but two of the vac ports. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some pipe plugs, just bring the stock pieces with you and match them up. After plugging most of the ports, I used a grinder and ground them smooth - looks great! I think I used 5 plugs. I found a pic ... here's what I did! This was not the finished project, but it gives you a good idea - ported it a little too (HA!). Hope it helps.

Here's what I did with mine..I cut em and re-routed em..I was in a hurry to install it before Winter...
I just opted to feed all 4 vac feeds form the 4 ports...i plugged the one over the VC, in the front with a bolt...
My 93 Cobra has a much nicer Vac Tee set-up...The EX has all kinds of holes in it...

ex_vac_routing.jpg

andy are you gonna pic up any power with the 93 cobra intake, over the explorer? i would like a pic of the setup with the 93 cobra if you have it, as it's numbers are a lot closer to that of an edelbrock performer than anything else as far as flow goes

jason

thanks for the pics RIO5.0, so when you say you ran the 4lines? to bypass the fender mounted tee?

horsesnake95, what? the one that is not blocked (in the pic) and has a elbow is the one by #8 are you saying that one should also be blocked along with the large on that is already blocked in the pic?

Thanks guys for the help and info.

I meant I ran a dedicated line for every feed....including one for the vac tee on the fender....

Jason.....Have yet to really get a chance to run the car with the 93 on it...Will head to re-dyno soon...Still buffing and reassembling the car after painting it....

I like the looks of the 93...always have, thats why I added it mostly...I actually never got back to dyno with the Exp either...Either should be worth few ponies....Tom worked the lower on this one...I gasketmatched it all around and cleand up the casting flash inside and out...I actually welded up the boss on the lower plenum on this one and then ground it flush...Had no need for it, so I removed the entire boss that stuck down...It reflected off my chrome VCs and looked like azz just hanging there...

cobra_cai_painted.jpg

cobra_cai_painted_2.jpg

This mother has some serious grinding/sanding time in it..I went over and over and over it to remove all the casting marks and blend it in..
93_cobra_painted_side.jpg

93_cobra_painted_front.jpg