Explorer 5.0 (P) swap--Injector adapter?

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
found these while browsing around:

inj8uf8.jpg

EV6 TO EV1 INJECTOR HARNESS ADAPTER
Convert from late model EV6 injectors to early EV1 injectors without cutting into the factory harness. Plugs in between the factory harness and an EV1 (D Style) Injector.

the engine i got is off an 01-- they injectors are the needle type (white/creamish color), but how can i tell if they're ev6/ev1?

think these'll work?

Attachments

• inj8uf8.jpg
    inj8uf8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 93
  • Sponsors (?)

my 98 explorer injectors look different, there thin, but the plugs still fit....i guess ford did the switch after huh?

i wouldent bother using the explorer injectors....unless you get a custom tune, it wont run right because they flow different than stock.

It sounds like Kyle might be running the disc style injectors. :nice:

Paul, I'd see if I can get TMoss's attention (try a PM). If you haven't chatted with Tom, he's always been very gracious when I've bugged him. He knows a TON about the ins and outs with injector interfaces.

Good luck bud.

here's the deal with explorer injectors, at least this info applys to my 98 ones.

Im not running them anymore in my car since i attained boost, but when i had my explorer motor i ran them. Right now i put them in my bronco 351 and it runs like crap also.

The deal is, they are yellow in color like our stockers, BUT they actually flow about 20-21 not 19. This throws the tune all outta wack because there is nothing telling the computer about the extra flow? BUT remember i used the kind that i could plug right into the stock harness, but they did look different, they are eral skinny and have a different tip. As long as you tune your car and can take advantage of the extra fuel your set!