Explorer intake install question

capnzzz

Sep 24, 2009
Hello, I just bought a non-egr type explorer intake for my 5.0. For the time being I am going to keep the stock TB setup. Instead of tapping the egr in the intake, what are my other options? Can I connect the two coolant lines coming from my stock TB together? I plan on eventually doing the 70mm w/egr plate. And I will need to deq the car next year.

• Sponsors (?)

the lower intake prob doesent have the threaded hole on the back left side of the intake. the stock one does, the hose that comes off the egr spacer os supposed to go there. you can put the threaded hole in if you are going to loop it underneath instead of running it to the egr. or just forget about putting the hole in and block off the tube that supplies the coolant. i put the hole in just cause i had the tools to do it. that intake prob doesent have the threaded hole for the act sensor either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Disconnecting the vac lines from the EGR will in fact disable it, however it doesn't run perfectly. I ran with mine undone for about 3 months. It will throw a constant CEL, and my car had stalling issues when it was warm. It was annoying as hell, but a solution I found to the stalling issue was, when the car was turned on after being driven for a bit that day, I let it sit for about 45 seconds-1 minute before moving. I watched the tach, and my idle would settle from about 1k rpms to around 700 rpms. After it settled to 700, I'd drive it and it'd be fine. That's the only issue I had with my EGR being unplugged, and the solution I used worked for the time being!

If you are not removing the egr valve why unplug the vacuum line? You will just be giving yourself a huge vacuum leak. Dont worry about not having internal egr. Just cap off the two nipples going to the t/b. One is at the back of the lower intake and one is on the heater tube, cap off and you are done.