Extended clutch fork w/McLeod scattershield?

notchlubber

Jun 11, 2004
I recently purchased a McLeod scattershield to put in along with the TKO600 I'll be installing. From searching on here, I've been under the impression that an extended clutch fork is needed when using a scattershield. What makes me wonder is that the guy I ordered the shield from told me that I didn't need one, and that he's been running the same shield for 4 yrs without a problem. Can anybody tell me for certain if I'll need one or not? Also, how will I know if I need an adjustable clutch fork pivot ball? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You need one if you want peoper cable alignment, less pedal pressure, less strain on the cable from poor alignment and if you wanna do it right. I had it with a stock cable and you can clearely see its NOT right. I bought an extended fork when I put my new motor in. Its better now.

Grn92LX said:
You need one if you want peoper cable alignment, less pedal pressure, less strain on the cable from poor alignment and if you wanna do it right. I had it with a stock cable and you can clearely see its NOT right. I bought an extended fork when I put my new motor in. Its better now.
:stupid: You talked to the guy at D&D and you are correct ... he does not have an extended fork. However, you will like your setup much better with the extended fork. It like saying you don't have to have a transmission with synchros either but it makes everything a lot easier when you do. I highly suggest you pick one up to avoid all sorts of cable issues and added pedal pressure.

Go with the extended fork. I have the same exact setup you have and it works great. Just a little adivce about the bellhousing though. Take your starter out and see how it fits in the starter hole. I had to grind mine to get the starter to fit as did my buddy. Use a carbide bit, that steel is mighty tough and will take a while with a grinding disc. This will make your life much easier when you go to bolt everything up.

Yep. Get the extended clutch fork. I got mine from Anderson for $90. It's actually a stock fork that's just been extened, but was done very nicely. If your a good welder and fabricator you can extend your old one yourself. Trust me, you don't want to run your stock fork, the alignment is horrible.