External coolant leak

Soon2beBlown

Nov 15, 2003
well if any of you read my last post I had coolant leaking into my motor from the upper/lower intake install, after figuring out my torque wrench is a POS I retorqued them and magically no coolant is getting into the motor now.

Now there is an external leak. Its in the area of the passenger side cylinder head. I'ved checked every where the coolant flows for leaks but its hard to pinpoint exactly where its leaking from. The thing is, the car can be sitting there turned off(and has been off for many hours) and still be leaking coolant. Does anyone have ideas on where to check for the leak? Also, can't I rent some sort of pressure test for my cooling system at autozone/checker?

• Sponsors (?)

I would definitely run down to the local parts store and rent a coolant system pressure tester if you cant pinpoint where the leaks comin from. You didnt really say where exactly your seeing the coolant run down other than the pass. side head so just a couple options; black heater tube that runs along the intake, either of the two hoses that go to the egr spacer, heater hoses to the heater core, a/c vent tube on the firewall (heater core), head gasket, timing cover if your seeing it at the front of the motor. I'm sure theres others but I would go over all your hose clamps and get the pressure tester on there and hopefully that'll point you in the right direction

Kevin

NOSNotch said:
I would definitely run down to the local parts store and rent a coolant system pressure tester if you cant pinpoint where the leaks comin from. You didnt really say where exactly your seeing the coolant run down other than the pass. side head so just a couple options; black heater tube that runs along the intake, either of the two hoses that go to the egr spacer, heater hoses to the heater core, a/c vent tube on the firewall (heater core), head gasket, timing cover if your seeing it at the front of the motor. I'm sure theres others but I would go over all your hose clamps and get the pressure tester on there and hopefully that'll point you in the right direction

Kevin
I second every bit of it. Make sure you find the leak area first (wherever the leak is in relation to where the car is parked at least), then identify all coolant items in that area and start ruling them out one by one.