F@$&$^#ING Dealer!

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
So I had my car towed into the Ford stealership last night to have them look at my electrical issue (picked up a short moving stuff around for clearance to get at the header bolts). And I talk to them this morning. The girl at the service desk says, "the mechanic looked at it, and he couldn't find the issue. He put a larger fuse on the EEC line to get it to not blow. He is seeing alot of current drain." Then she says, "you have a lot of aftermarket stuff on there. We don't work on that kind of stuff, so you should take it somewhere else."

My :bs: detector is on overload. First of all, I specifically described the issue when scheduling the work, including my aftermarket parts. I also told them that since it was a tow in, I wanted to make sure they could do the work before I went to the expense of getting it in there.

After she said that the mechanic is seeing a lot of drain, I said, "that makes sense, it sound just like a short. Can't you test for a short?"

Nothing doing. They couldn't even offer a recommendation of a shop that CAN do the work. :bs:

I could kick someone!!!

BTW, isn't putting a larger fuse on a circuit pretty boneheaded driveway hack wrench stuff? Sounds like a great way to make a little issue turn into a MUCH bigger one. I will go down there and kick someone if they burned up my computer.

OK, that's my venting for the day.

• Sponsors (?)

GRGT1994 said:
BTW, isn't putting a larger fuse on a circuit pretty boneheaded driveway hack wrench stuff? Sounds like a great way to make a little issue turn into a MUCH bigger one. I will go down there and kick someone if they burned up my computer.

OK, that's my venting for the day.

Yes, that it a very shady way to go about things. Par for the course as far as dealer service departments go. I had a 90 Cougar XR7 that had the Supercoupe SC'd 3.8L. When I bought it, I went ahead and bought an extended warranty. Well, I started to develop a big vaccum leak somewhere in the SC/intercooler plumbing. I had to keep my foot in the gas to keep it running, and the car was getting about 6mpg, instead of 20! I could have hunted it down, but since I had the warranty, I figured I would take it to the dealer, hoping that they would reseal the whole system. I told them that I had a bad vaccum leak, and that the MAF was throwing a code, but I had another one at the house, so don't worry about that, just fix the leak. It was supposed to be done that afternoon. Three days later they finally call and tell me the car is DONE, and that I can pick it up. When I get there, the mechanic comes out, and says "I searched all over that motor, and I couldn't find any signs of a vaccum leak. I even poured soapy water over all the plumbing, and there were no signs of bubbles."
I explained to the dumbass that it is called a vaccum leak for a reason (because it sucks in air), and that he had probably sucked soapy water into my intake. By the time I explained the starter fluid technique to him, I had two other workers restraining me. I decided right there, and then, that none of my cars will ever go back to a dealer. It was the big Ford dealer on I-8 in San Diego, right by that mall if anyone lives out there. Oh, and I went home, and had it tracked down, and fixed within an hour.
Brandon

What kinda idiot puts a bigger fuse on a short circuit? For a bit of knowledge, our local Ford dealer hired a bunch of junkyard hackers and let go of the high dollar mechanics. They only kept 2 ASE Master Ford Techs. And they hate it now.

That's classic, "I didn't see any bubbles." :rlaugh: Freaking dumbass. I just took my car to the shop cause whenever I would press the unlock button the interior lights would come on and so would the taillights. He's been working on it for a full day now and still no sign. I trust him though, and if doesn't fix it, I just won't pay him anything. :D I've never been a fan of going to the dealership for any reason. I've only been there once and it was to order a couple of cobra emblems for my buddy's car a long time ago. Things like this and extremely high prices keep me away. :notnice: