F/S Liberty modified SB Toploader w/ short tailshaft $750/obo, not meant for street

Status
Not open for further replies.

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
F/S Liberty modified SB Toploader w/ short tailshaft $750/obo, SOLD!! all gone

I traded a full Toploader setup from a '71 Boss 351 (shifter & linkage, iron bellhousing, clutch, T/O bearing, tranny mount, fork) for this tranny from a forum member a few years back who had bought it unused to put in his '65 fastback. He took it for a short drive before figuring out it was too radical for a street driven car. It can be driven on the street, but there's a lot of double clutching to do, it's just not very friendly on the street, it's meant to be a drag tranny.

I bought it to put behind my race 289 in my '63 Fairlane, well now I'm going big block (FE) and I've sold the 289, so I no longer need the tranny. I'll end up with a Jerico for the car. I also have a McLeod adjustable pressure plate, a Ram sinstered bronze solid hub six puck disk, a Mcleod aluminum SFI rated flywheel, a Lakewood scattershield (SFI rating not current, flange modified on driver's side for header clearance), and a Mr. Gasket inline shifter (like a Hurst Vert-I-Gate) with no linkage if someone is needing a pretty complete package. I'd package all of that together for $1200 with the tranny. Those reflect less than half of new prices on those parts, just those parts alone add up to almost $1450 not including the tranny.

Tranny is in central Oklahoma, shipping extra (and actual costs).

• Sponsors (?)

Lookin for more info on toploader

What is the size of input shaft 1 1/16 or 1 3/8 inch?
Any idea how fresh the tranny is and number of runs done with it?
What is the first gear ratio 2.78 or 2.92 ?
Wide ratio or close ratio?
How much wear on clutch disc and pressure plate?
Is the clutch fork meant for equalizer (z) bar style or cable style?
If all works for my application I would want to ship via UPS to Canada.

Lookin forward to your reply.
1320stang said:
I traded a full Toploader setup from a '71 Boss 351 (shifter & linkage, iron bellhousing, clutch, T/O bearing, tranny mount, fork) for this tranny from a forum member a few years back who had bought it unused to put in his '65 fastback. He took it for a short drive before figuring out it was too radical for a street driven car. It can be driven on the street, but there's a lot of double clutching to do, it's just not very friendly on the street, it's meant to be a drag tranny.

I bought it to put behind my race 289 in my '63 Fairlane, well now I'm going big block (FE) and I've sold the 289, so I no longer need the tranny. I'll end up with a Jerico for the car. I also have a McLeod adjustable pressure plate, a Ram sinstered bronze solid hub six puck disk, a Mcleod aluminum SFI rated flywheel, a Lakewood scattershield (SFI rating not current, flange modified on driver's side for header clearance), and a Mr. Gasket inline shifter (like a Hurst Vert-I-Gate) with no linkage if someone is needing a pretty complete package. I'd package all of that together for $1200 with the tranny. Those reflect less than half of new prices on those parts, just those parts alone add up to almost $1450 not including the tranny.

Tranny is in central Oklahoma, shipping extra (and actual costs).

It's a small in/out tranny, so 1 1/16.

If you'll read my paragraph, 1st owner never ran, second owner ran it on the street and didn't like, I haven't installed it in anything.

It's a Wide ratio tranny, so I'm thinking it's the 2.78 instead of the close ratio 2.32.

The disc has about 30 passes on an underpowered car, my '65 A-code coupe which was stock other than the Boss 351 tranny I traded for this tranny. I think my best pass was about a 15.1x.

I don't have a clutch fork for this.

To be quite honest, I'm a little leery of your interest. You just joined Stangnet and your wanting it shipped to another country. A quick Google of your member name only shows up 3 Ebay transactions, no member names on any other Mustang sites. No offense....

Hello, I understand your apprehension but you can rest assured that I can do a deal up front with you. With regards to ebay purchases I have done 22 of them and the majority of them were international. I have a 67 cougar that I am building into a 90% / 10 % strip/street car with a 393W stroker and a power adder Paxton Novi 1500(which was recently purchased through ebay from a seller in the US $2,600 value). I am very interested in your items and apologize for not gettin back sooner as I had problems logging on from a remote computer (not able to retrieve my login information until I return back to my main computer (today)). I have another possible option where I may use a location in Arlinton, Texas as a ship to address. I am researching whether I would be able to pick it up from there as I will be there on business Dec 11, 2006. All that you'e described appears workable for my project cougar.
I can pay up front via money order, or visa.
Lookin forward to your response,
Roger from Canada

Okay, just being cautious with all that has been going on with Ebay and such. What kind of power are you looking to be putting out? I'll be looking at 600-800hp, but around 600+tq as well with my FE. David Kee makes a big input for these as well as a billet retainer for it, but I'm thinking I'll be better off with a Jerico where I can adjust my ratios to fit my needs. My Fairlane will be a drag only car as the car won't be street legal.

Would you be shipping it back to Canada from Arlington, or would you be hauling it back yourself? I'm in the Oklahoma City area, I'd have to see, but I might be able to take off work a day and deliver to Arlington, it's about a 3 hour drive. It might be a better arrangement for both of us as you could inspect what your buying and we could likely just do a cash deal there if all was acceptable. I can take any pics that you require, are you looking at taking all that I have? I might be able to come up with a fork, I have a throw out bearing I didn't list before for a fork. I don't think I have a Z-bar that will work with a Cougar, I have the Z-bar from my '65 coupe, but I'll need it to put it back in the car.

You can email me at ljh@(remove)zrhd.com, just get rid of the parenthesis and everything in them. Be sure to send pics of your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.