F1SEBB block?

Macktenn

Mar 21, 2020
Alberta
Hey everyone, I have a Ford 302 in my car that the last owner swapped in, he said it was a Facebook market place motor and he’s not sure what year mustang the engine was out of, the bottom of the block is stamped F1SEBB and has a number 10 right above it... just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what this engine is out of! Thanks ahead of time!
78FF2E40-87B3-40A3-921E-515A98C999CD.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Neither the engineering number F1SE nor the date code will tell you what the engine is "out of." That engineering number is a common 1991+ block that was used in 91-95 Mustangs, 91-93 Thunderbird and Cougars, 91-97 trucks and vans, boats, etc. The date code is when the block was cast at the engine foundry. It was built later at an engine plant and installed even later at an assembly plant.

You will need the partial VIN from the block, if there is one and it it legible, if you want to get specific about what the engine is originally from.

Last edited:
Neither the engineering number F1SE nor the date code will tell you what the engine is "out of." That engineering number is a common 1991+ block that was used in 91-95 Mustangs, 91-93 Thunderbird and Cougars, 91-97 trucks and vans, boats, etc. The date code is when the block was cast at the engine foundry. It was built later at an engine plant and installed even later at an assembly plant.

You will need the partial VIN from the block, if there is one and it it legible, if you want to get specific about what the engine is originally from.
Where abouts would I find the partial vin? I can’t seem to find it...