factory cd player problem

Hi, I tried posting this in 5.0 tech, and got no responses, so maybe this is a better place to try! I recently removed my aftermarket deck from my 93 coupe. It was an alpine with an internal amp (35x4) I am attempting to put a factory cd player back into the car. i got the radio and the plugs fit correctly. the radio powered up/played the cd, but i am getting very little sound from the speakers. if i turn it up all the way i can barely hear the music. My car does have premium sound, did i possibly blow a fuse to the amp under the seat? if so, where is the fuse located? any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rick

• Sponsors (?)

the stock wiring was not cut. the car had a factory tape player when i got it (which worked) I put the aftermarket cd player in the car with a wiring harness adapter (no cutting of vehicle harness/wires.) The radio itself powers up, so i know that fuse is good. im not sure if the premium sound amp is on the same fuse though, and for some reason i think the amp isnt turning on. i gotta check it out a little tomorrow.