Factory Fan Wiring Harness Question...

ponyboy19

Founding Member
May 24, 2000
I installed a Dodge Viper 3000/4000 cfm electric fan and I am going to use the factory harness to kick the external relay on to operate the fan. I have the fan wired on high all the time and I am going to use the factory low speed wire so it kicks on at the low speed temp. My question is which of the three wires is the low speed. I've heard it's the middle of the three.. Also I am wondering does the power kick off the low speed wire at the time the factory high speed would kick on, which would in turn, turn the fan off by cutting power to the relay.

• Sponsors (?)

i just used a 30 amp relay and ran it to the power distribution box and ran the arm switch to the inside... my computer no longer controls the fan at all and my car stays under 180 always

95snoozer said:
i just used a 30 amp relay and ran it to the power distribution box and ran the arm switch to the inside... my computer no longer controls the fan at all and my car stays under 180 always
I'm putting in a manual switch so I can turn it on when ever I want to but I'm also wiring it up so it cycles on and off and I don't have to worry about it in normal driving situations. I guess now that I think about it, it doesn't matter about the low temp kicking off since once it's ready for the dyno I can just adjust the fan settings via a chip. For now if there is an issue I will just use the manual switch.
Killercanary said:
I don't know the answer to your second question, but to answer your first... yes, the middle is the low speed power wire.

Thanks.. that's what I needed to know.