factory replacement springs

snoman12

Feb 26, 2003
Scranton, PA
I am looking at getting a set of springs that are a little better than stock. I have 17 inch cobra r's and they fit pretty nice already in the fender, but my stock springs are getting worn out. I was looking at FRPP B or C springs. Will they fit on the car without any modification and still look right? It says that they drop the car 7/8" in the front and 1/2" in the rear, but is that only for the V-8s? I am sure the weight of a 4-cyl is not going to give it the same reaction, am i correct? I know that the Eibach pro kit is made specifically for the 2.3L but i do not want to drop that low, my driveway is to rough to have it that low.

Also I am looking at getting a set of KYB GR-2 shocks and struts. Has anyone had them on their car and liked them? Are they a good shock?

Thanks for everyones input. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

You could try the Motorsport springs, but I don't know how exactly they would sit on a 2.3L car. Might have to trim the fronts a little, not sure. If you look in the product reviews there's people that said the motorsport springs dropped their cars 3" or something, which I find hard to believe...so I dunno.

I have the "C" springs on my 2.3 notch. I dont think it dropped at all in the front and very little in the back. It doesnt look lowered to me. It handles alot better than stock but I also have GT sway bars and steering rack. Rode stiff as all hell for the first couple months but its not so bad now. Either that or I got used to it, but I think the springs mellowed out some over time.