Fastest 5.0 (pushrod) Kenne Bell Mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

On the 2.8L compressor I noticed the my manifold bolts from the 2.1L for the discharge manifold don't fit. Do you guys remember the bolts size and thread pitch you had to use there.

I just checked with KB tech on the tap needed to tap and drill the case for the oil level dipstick and they said it's R 1/4-19 BSPT British pipe taper. Would you guys be able to find this tap and loan it to me I'll pay shipping cost as these are very hard to find and the ones I have found are close to $40.

This is the Jesel shaft mount roller rocker arm set up
333051.jpg

Looks like you guys tapped a vent in the top of the front cover near your oil filler hole. Can you tell me why you needed that vent there and how does it work out for you.

Also I took off the front cover in prep to tap and drill the new oil filler hole and noticed that the coolant holes have a recessed area that looks like a rubber O ring would work well there. KB had just used the red sealant and I thought that could be a leak point.

The vent on the case is the return from the overflow cannister for the blower snout. At high rpm's for extended pulls, such as a quarter mile, the sc can push a significant amount of oil out the snout vent. The cannister collects it and gravity drains it back into the case. My sc had o rings on the water bypass tubes.....

I can't believe KB left them out on mine would have been a matter of time and that would have leaked and my gears would have been filled with fluid. Was is a regular O ring type seal.