Fastest stock sn95 5.0 shootout

Those are some awesome times. 13.5 is about what the bar is set at for a stock engine. My goal is to try to beat that this spring. Here are the pile off parts i'll throw at my car: Slicks/skinnies, T5 conversion, keep the 4.10s i put in, BBk longtubes, O/R h pipe, Already have a bbk CAI on it, subframe connectors (so i don't twist up the body), A shortbelt, up timing, And finally cheat with a little weight reduction.

• Sponsors (?)

from the dead I know....anybody gotten any new times since this thread?

Yeah 13.85 at 98 recently. the 13.5x pass was a one time deal that I never did duplicate fully. It only ran in the 50's one other time and that was a night run at Bradenton in florida in awesome air. 13.65+/- was all it would consistantly run.

I think 350+ passes on the same longblock is starting to show it age. Pretty sure the valve springs are shot. I am going to do a leakdown and compression test to make sure the short block is still alive then....

I am off to Cincy Speed today at lunch to get new heads. I have the trickflow stage 1 cam and performer intake on the workbench waiting, along with the fox intake swap stuff.

How is that possible?

What, the time or removing of the belt? If you ever saw this guy drive, you'd know how and why he can do it. He has since sold the car and is running his STOCK bottom end H/C/I 93GT. Here's a video of him running. After you see the times, keep in mind that this is a NA, stock shortblock, HCI car. Its light as hell, but its still impressive none-the-less. It makes ~350 to the wheels.

Again, this shows what a purpose built car can do with an increadible driver, the right suspension, gearing, tires, and overall combo. My dad is the white GT in the beginning of the video BTW and it too is a HCI NA 302.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c289/molly_riva/?action=view&current=cecilspring2007scs_0001.flv

What, the time or removing of the belt? If you ever saw this guy drive, you'd know how and why he can do it. He has since sold the car and is running his STOCK bottom end H/C/I 93GT. Here's a video of him running. After you see the times, keep in mind that this is a NA, stock shortblock, HCI car. Its light as hell, but its still impressive none-the-less. It makes ~350 to the wheels.

Again, this shows what a purpose built car can do with an increadible driver, the right suspension, gearing, tires, and overall combo. My dad is the white GT in the beginning of the video BTW and it too is a HCI NA 302.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c289/molly_riva/?action=view&current=cecilspring2007scs_0001.flv

Im talking about the time. I didnt know that a SN-95 could pull a time like that.

Si it was bone stock except for the silencer?

i agree that it is impressive, but definately believable....given a good driver and track...on a nice night. Alot of good times in this thread though.

The interesting thing about Joe's (purestock) times were that they were done at Pittsburgh Raceway Park which is a SOLID 2 tenths and almost 2mph slower than other tracks around here like Cecil County. This 2 tenths difference has been proven time and time again by everyone that has run at both tracks. I'm not trying to benchrace here, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that if Joe had run at Cecil his times would have been even better.

The interesting thing about Joe's (purestock) times were that they were done at Pittsburgh Raceway Park which is a SOLID 2 tenths and almost 2mph slower than other tracks around here like Cecil County. This 2 tenths difference has been proven time and time again by everyone that has run at both tracks. I'm not trying to benchrace here, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that if Joe had run at Cecil his times would have been even better.

I believe it. We have the same thing here in Cincinnati. My car along with many others will always run .15-.2 seconds faster at Tri-state than what it can run at Edgewater.

The SN-95 Killercanary descibed in the previous posts belonged to me in the late 90's/early 2000. I purchased the 5-Liter with a scant 18,xxx miles. Timing was set at 10 degrees when checked on day of purchase. Air horn was also intact. The 8.8 contained a 3.08 cog from the factory. This was verified by me by spinning the rear tire one rotation vs. driveshaft rotation. The fox-4 was Vibrant red with a black cloth interior. This car had some weird options/deleted options. It had factory fog lights, pwr. windows/locks, AM/FM cassette, tilt, and a pwr. driver seat. The options missing were speed control, rear window defogger, A/C (factory non-A/C delete) and the Mach Audio.

As far as mods go, they were very limited. Adv. base timing, removed air horn and deleted serpentine belt. Stock sway bars, front and rear remained on the car and the end links were connected in the front as well. The car was raced with a 1/4 tank of Sunoco 93 at that time. No weight was dumped from the car. From the inception of trying to break into the 13 sec. zone I wanted a full weight (as delivered from the factory) car. Spare tire, jack, factory 16" waffles were all on the car. Pep Boys Futura GTX radial tires were the choice for rubber.

The best 60' was a 1.97 in the aformentioned trim. 1/4 mile e.t. was a [email protected] mph. It did crack 97 mph once (97.03) albeit with a slower e.t. Launch rpm was a conservative 4,000 -4,500 rpm:eek:

I would have loved to be able to run that car at a faster track and discover how much mph would have been gained.

Those three mods were the only mods done to the vehicle. Everything else was OEM factory stock.