fault code reader

neilgpe

Jun 22, 2006
Hi I'm after some info on the fauld code reader and location of the plug required to reed the codes on the 5.0ltr mustang engine.

Can anyone post a pic of the plug and its location?

The engine is not in a mustang so location alone is not enough!! as it wont relate to this car (its an AC ACE)

Also is the code reader the three pin ford type. I'm in the UK and there is very little info over here on the mustang.
Thanks Neil

• Sponsors (?)

Neil, we wont help you unless you post pics first! :D J/K. Welcome to the boards.

In case the transplanter did not move the plug around (extend the wires), if your donor car was a 94-95 (very common because the intake and accessories are more accomodating to your hoodline), the test connector is a trapezoidal deal on the rear pass side engine harness. Otherwise (if a fox donor) check the driver side rear harness.

If you have a 94-95 harness, the connector has a handful of wires. If a fox, it has 3 in the connector IIRC.

EDIT: forgot a link that might or might not help.

Good luck.

index.php

index.php

attachment.php

Thanks guys,

Is there anybody out there with a pic of the later three pin type?

I dont have acess to the car at the mo but will post pics asap.

The car was a new build in 95 so will be on the change I guess.

neilgpe said:
Thanks guys,

Is there anybody out there with a pic of the later three pin type?

I dont have acess to the car at the mo but will post pics asap.

The car was a new build in 95 so will be on the change I guess.
I bet Jrichker knows what you're talkin about, but I havent a clue. Can you post more info?

The connector in my '94 GT looks like the one he posted a pic of.

Though I'm sure you dealt with it, the North America 94-95s had OBD-I and OBD-II data terminals. The V6's were OBD-II and the GT's OBD-I. This is always a huge source of confusion when dealing with the connectors. That's neither here nor there - just info.

Good luck.