Fed Up!!!

No, its pretty known that Ford is still keeping the 4 valve heads. The way it will work from now on is...

2v - low performance (crown vics, etc.)
3v - mid performance (mustang GT, trucks)
4v - high performance (cobra, Ford GT)

• Sponsors (?)

RydeOn said:
No, its pretty known that Ford is still keeping the 4 valve heads. The way it will work from now on is...

2v - low performance (crown vics, etc.)
3v - mid performance (mustang GT, trucks)
4v - high performance (cobra, Ford GT)

Ok I'm a little lost again...what can you expect from a I4 guy :D Anyways, are they making two different GTs? One with 3v heads and another with 4v heads:scratch:

But here's the thing...its beginning to be a more popular rumor that the next Cobra will not use a 4.6L engine. It is said to possibly be a 5.4 DOHC, maybe even using a blower. As far as the 4.6 DOHC...its not really known of its future fate. Up till now, its been justifiable to continue in production because the Mach's engine is basically the same one used in the Lincoln Aviator and the recently discontinued Marauder. There is no word on a "in-between" V8 Mustang model like the Bullitt or Mach to sandwich between the GT and Cobra so what will become of the 4.6 DOHC? Does Ford continue to build the engine specifically for the Aviator or phase it out completely? With the 3V SOHC reportedly being underrated at 300hp, it looks like there may be little room for a 4.6 DOHC.

Ford Sucks

Man the new SVT's type R is slow some dude pulled up beside me when i was in my Z06 the race was over before it started i whipped his ass i had a way bigger advantage since i was driving a CHEVY and its a Z06 a fast ass car.........FORD SUCKS
FORD= FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!

pimpsta said:
YALL WANT TO PUT ANY OF YALL'S ****Y MACH1'S OR SVT'S UP AGAINST ME ILL WILL LEAVE YALLS PIECE OF **** FORD'S IN THE DUST ...I GOT A 427 TWIN TURBO IN MY Z06 I SMOKE ALL FORD'S BECAUSE THEY SUCK

FORD= ***S OR REAL DOOSHBAGS!
FORD= FOURTY THIRD ON RACE DAY!

WHY ARE ALL CHEVY DRIVERS FAT? BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE TO PUSH OUR CARS(FORDS)!

Do you want a fuggin cookie troll ? And I think the only thing you will smoke will be some c0ck so move along troll .

Also I think someone with enough money to have a Z06 with a TT 427 would be smart enough to turn off their caps lock . :shrug:

pimpsta said:
FORD= FOURTY THIRD ON RACE DAY!

Just so the next time you write a check, its 40 = FORTY and not FOURTY. No sense in giving the people at the bank something to chuckle over.

WHY ARE ALL CHEVY DRIVERS FAT?

I would guess its from eating all that junkfood out of service center's vending machines. Eating that stuff on a constant basis will make one fat.

Traveler said:
But here's the thing...its beginning to be a more popular rumor that the next Cobra will not use a 4.6L engine. It is said to possibly be a 5.4 DOHC, maybe even using a blower. As far as the 4.6 DOHC...its not really known of its future fate. Up till now, its been justifiable to continue in production because the Mach's engine is basically the same one used in the Lincoln Aviator and the recently discontinued Marauder. There is no word on a "in-between" V8 Mustang model like the Bullitt or Mach to sandwich between the GT and Cobra so what will become of the 4.6 DOHC? Does Ford continue to build the engine specifically for the Aviator or phase it out completely? With the 3V SOHC reportedly being underrated at 300hp, it looks like there may be little room for a 4.6 DOHC.

I believe the new Aviators are using a DOHC 5.4 if I'm not mistaken.

EDITED

I wouldn't be a bit surprized at all if the next generation Cobra will have a DOHC S/C 5.4 :nice: Its the only thing that makes since after the last monster SVT let loose in the Cobra :D

Navigator has the 5.4 DOHC.
Aviator has the 4.6 DOHC.

Both have been produced in a Mustang verson. The 5.4 in the 00 Cobra R and the 4.6 in the Mach 1.
Yeah, you're right about the next Cobra. Ford will likely step up to something extra special to combat the C6 Corvette...especially with the talk of that Blue Devil Corvette running around!

BTW, don't take that Chevy comment personally. That was just to rib the other guy. ;)

Traveler said:
Navigator has the 5.4 DOHC.
Aviator has the 4.6 DOHC.

Both have been produced in a Mustang verson. The 5.4 in the 00 Cobra R and the 4.6 in the Mach 1.
Yeah, you're right about the next Cobra. Ford will likely step up to something extra special to combat the C6 Corvette...especially with the talk of that Blue Devil Corvette running around!

BTW, don't take that Chevy comment personally. That was just to rib the other guy. ;)

I knew one of them had the DOHC 5.4 :D

As for the Chevy remark...np. That guy was just a troll and really not worth a responce from anyone :D Those people really need to get a life, they do that crap so we will join their forum(s) to talk crap :rolleyes: Now me, I love both companies equaly but I really think its crazy to choose a new Vette over a 03-04' Cobra anyways. Besides the 03-04' looks plain mean to me compared to the Vette.

ps. Where do you buy a Cobra R anyways :scratch: I see them used all the time but never new.