Fox Feedback Please, Aluminum Heads Gt40 From Ebay?

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi Yall, thanks for looking.

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on these as they appear to be the best bang per buck....

Assembled Aluminum Heads GT40 for $650.00 for both sides...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-289-30...hash=item569f32f41d:m:mzjts02RmnEhvsoVU5JIiJw

Thanks in advance for your input

I would say you get what you pay for. There is a current build on here that is using a simlar set.

IMO for close to that money you can buy a good used set of 170 TFS, Eddies, and maybe even a set of 165/185s AFRs.

Depending on your goals for the car, i would say save for a better head. Given the seller has a decent reputation. Any of the heads mentioned above will typically outperformed and probably outlast those.

Your money though, slap them on and see how they do.

ya know...I tired of buying used parts and them not being as nice as I was hoping. I'd rather feel confident in my purchase and know what Im in for.

IDK, im on fence......I appreciate your insight

Reactions: 1 user
ya know...I tired of buying used parts and them not being as nice as I was hoping. I'd rather feel confident in my purchase and know what Im in for.

IDK, im on fence......I appreciate your insight
I mean i get buying used you are worried about getting burnt, but thats partly on the buyer too. Its a two way street. No one says you have to buy a used part if you dont feel its up to par and for heads you should let a machine shop give them a once over for you anyways ( if you are not familiar with it).

You can cheap out on something that says new and think its good or you can spend a lil more and know they are good. Quality and price go hand and hand.

I would stop by a machine shop/or local speed shop and see if they have any heads for sale personally.

The shop that handles all my side work, has sets of heads guys defaulted on the bill or just never came back ( talking years) that are just sitting on a shelf that they are looking to get rid of.

Saw this ad myself but idk I passed on these. I'm still looking myself, would love some TF twisted's but dang they aren't cheap. I'm currently awaiting to see about some alum. GT40 y heads. I've read they flow a little better than CI GT40s and are way lighter. Waiting for pics and the guys friend rebuilds heads so he is going to look them over. At 4-500 I may get them especially if I can get them at 400 then I'll put 200 for better seals etc. or maybe I won't and just get some TFs.

I know they aren't gt40x heads, but wanted to weigh in with this. I have 3 foxbody mustang. 2 have gt40x306 heads, and one has afr 165s. I like both. My cars are all totally street cars. I found one of my gt40x sets used from a guy I know for $400 for the set. If you look around, hit craigslist often and the classified ads here and corral.net you should find something. As an example here in Hawaii on Craigslist right now there is a set of new tfs heads with new tfs roller rockers for 1400. I bet $1000 would buy it...

Last edited:
thanks yall for the insight

Im all for doing it right the first time around.....for right now I'll continue on building a better platform-gonna add subframes and battle boxes to go with my upper and lower control arms and struts and shocks I Added....

then next year pull the trigger on aluminum heads.

thanks yall!

Reactions: 3 users