Engine Felpro micro sleve?

• Sponsors (?)

Wiped and ready for home made trans holder to be put on floor jack.

Attachments

• IMG_20200925_160810.jpg
    IMG_20200925_160810.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20200925_160757.jpg
    IMG_20200925_160757.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20200925_155719.jpg
    IMG_20200925_155719.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 141
The f in trans fell off Jack twice now. Doing this by myself sucks more then taking those long tubes off. I'm tempted to go to hf and get a trans Jack in The morning.

Said a pray and bam the trans is in thank God. The clutch cable is loose, it was tight when I removed it and I think I it's still hooked to pedal,I could try and adjust from firewall adjuster.Has anyone had this happen ?

Wrapped pass header with Dei titanium lava infused header wrap.this sht is easier to use then the fiberglass one I used on long tubes.and doesn't itch .I put the header on and plugs wires on pass side ,now to do drivers side and then adjust the clutch cable.God willing I'll be cruising soon.

Said a pray and bam the trans is in thank God. The clutch cable is loose, it was tight when I removed it and I think I it's still hooked to pedal,I could try and adjust from firewall adjuster.Has anyone had this happen ?
Check to see if the clutch lever is still on the pivot ball. It prolly came off the quadrant under the dash.
I just installed a ford racing quadrant on mine and now it's super stiff, I may have to swap it out for a different one. I have no adjustment at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Check to see if the clutch lever is still on the pivot ball. It prolly came off the quadrant under the dash.
I just installed a ford racing quadrant on mine and now it's super stiff, I may have to swap it out for a different one. I have no adjustment at all.
Cable still on quadrant,used firewall adjuster to take out slack.

Just finished wrapping drivers header and installing with plugs an wires.Now that dang midpipe has no hardware,off to Lowe's I go.
IMG_20200927_134623.jpg
IMG_20200927_134623.jpg IMG_20200927_134603.jpg

The f in trans fell off Jack twice now. Doing this by myself sucks more then taking those long tubes off. I'm tempted to go to hf and get a trans Jack in The morning.

A T5 I can lay on my belly and bench press up into the car, but I can't do it with anything bigger than that. I have one of those cheapy scissor style transmission jacks. They work great, I actually prefer them to the hydraulic ones, because they easier to fine adjust.

Kurt

A T5 I can lay on my belly and bench press up into the car, but I can't do it with anything bigger than that. I have one of those cheapy scissor style transmission jacks. They work great, I actually prefer them to the hydraulic ones, because they easier to fine adjust.

Kurt
First time I did clutch the car was low enough for me to bench press the t5 ,this time I had her way up their and my short arms couldn't reach. Harbor f had that style trans Jack for $109, but my cheap ass did it the hard way.

First time I did clutch the car was low enough for me to bench press the t5 ,this time I had her way up their and my short arms couldn't reach. Harbor f had that style trans Jack for $109, but my cheap ass did it the hard way.

I have one of these cheapies. They've gone up in price since I bought mine 14 years ago.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=223592027816

I use it a lot, and it's a pretty simple design that doesn't wear out. I just put the axle back in my car with it. I had it holding up the tongue of my trailer outside for a few years, because the castering wheels meant I could push the trailer in all directions with it. It's a good investment once you open your mind and realize that it can be used for all sorts of things, not just transmissions.

Kurt

On :poo:! All back together and adjusted clutch cable ,firewall adj. Almost all the way out and no first ,I can get it in2,3,4,5and reverse.the cable is not an adjustable one.if I start it in first and try letting clutch out it makes a Bella sound and shutters.

Update! Something is flocked.I got a new cable ( adjustable) .I still can not shift into first with or without clutch depressed.2 threw 5 and rev. Not problem,like butter.The pic is the fork , first mark to the right is without cable on,sec is cable on and adjusted,and left is depressed to the floor. Wtf, couldn it be pivot and fork worn or need adjustment? Or I flocked up on rebuild of trans? I am so not looking forward to doing this again.
IMG_20200930_123915.jpg
?

Update! Something is flocked.I got a new cable ( adjustable) .I still can not shift into first with or without clutch depressed.2 threw 5 and rev. Not problem,like butter.The pic is the fork , first mark to the right is without cable on,sec is cable on and adjusted,and left is depressed to the floor. Wtf, couldn it be pivot and fork worn or need adjustment? Or I flocked up on rebuild of trans? I am so not looking forward to doing this again.
IMG_20200930_123915.jpg
?
I got it into first while running in driveway,if I let it roll back it make a clicking grinding sound, if I try and let the clutch out its worse.the cable is at the end of adjustment on both ends,I'm hopping it's the fork/pivot stud.Any one got a pic of a proper adjusted fork/cable?

Yes I can drive it starting in second gear,clutch catches late,I mean upper travel of pedal.it'll shift from second to third also and down shift too.do you have a pic of how cable and fork sits? Yeah I know I'm grasping for the lesser of two f ups.luckily my original trans is still o.k. And I can toss it back in.