fender removal

Im pretty much a newb to body work and am trying to get my fenders off so i can detail the engine bay... i want to do a thourough job on this car. but im not totally sure as to what i need to do. can someone kinda walk me through the steps.

Thanks,
Tommy

• Sponsors (?)

Im about to do the same thing to my car, as far as I know just undo the bolts and pull it right off. As for the engine bay I just started sanding that down, the best way i found since the paint seems to be real thin in the engine bay is to use a wire brush on a drill or use some aircraft stripper and a scraper, comes right off. Im also stripping the undercoating in the fenderwells and undercarriage, now thats a pain. A hammer and chisel seems to work best for me now. I lucked out in a few spots some type of fluid, maybe tranny soaked into the undercoating and made it like butter to scrape off but unfortunatly the whole bottom isn't like that. I just want to get everything down to bare metal, sand out and repair any drust then POR-15. Im gonna let the pro's do the body work and paint though.

Jim

Remove your headlight door, there are a few screws under it. There are a couple bolts and nut attatching the front splash pan to the lower front end of the fender. Of course the top bolts under the hood. One bolt under the lower rear part of the fender under the car. Then open the door and look inside the fender in front of the hinge to get the last one. This is for 65, 66. It may be different for other years.