Ferrari parking brake lever

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
Ok, so my cousine bought a Ferrari recently and brought it over to show off. He even let me drive it :) I must say it is one sexy pony. One thing that totally got me was the parking brake lever. It is on the left of the driver and when you pull it up to set it, it will drop back down to the floor so the driver can get out. In order to disengage it, you have to pull it back up and then press the button and then let it down. I thought this was really sweet. Anyone seen anything like that before ? I'm wondering how it works but I doubt he is going to let me pull his car apart to find out lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen quite a few used on Kit cars. You can find them at the local Pik-A-Part style junk(recycler) yards or purchase them new from some of the Fiero Restoration web sites. HTH.
mannyjoe

Ferraris are weird...I started a conventional-shift 360 without depressing the clutch.

I don't know about the Fiero's but the reason Ferrari's and the Porsche 914's had a mechanism like that was because the lever was on the left of the driver so it had to go back down otherwise the driver would have a difficult time geting in and out of the car when the brake was on because the handle would be in the way when up.

I'm not neccisarily after a specific one, just one I can get cheap. The good news is my friends brother apparently has a huge collection of 914 parts and he thinks he might have a spare hand brake setup he might give me for free. If I get it for free, that would keep most of the cost down.