Fiberglass hatch w/real glass???

cojo428

Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
NH
Does anyone know of a fiberglass hatch for a 90 GT that you can install real glass in? Also, Does anyone know where I could find an old "Dugan Racing" hatch anymore? I don't think they still sell them. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You can install real glass on anything. The problem is it's a waste of fiberglass. The whole of running fiberglass hatch is to save weight. The rear window is heavy and it's not as durable as a polycarbonate rear window would be. Just my opinion. If saving weight isn't important to you, then go ahead.

Well I guess my only reason for using real glass was the scratch resistance. It is a street driven car so I'm not sure if there are any laws regarding lexan or similar materials for windows. But I don't think it would ever really be noticed. If there is an option other than glass that doesn't scratch too easy, I would definitely consider it. Thanks for the info,

Polycarbonate windows are highly scratch resistant. They don't use it in jet fighter canopies for nothing. It's not lexan, which scratches very easily and requires special polishes and cleaning agents to avoid permanent "smearing". Check out www.percyshp.com, (have to call to purchase the polycarb) which sells pre-cut front and rear polycarb windows for 87-93 mustangs. I had mine laser cut for $120 to fit a little better and DZUS fastened the front and rear windscreens on. You can use rivets, but I wanted something that could be easily removed if necessary.