finally bought something worth restoring

hsean

10 Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
dearborn,michigan
87 lx with t-tops and pretty much a rustfree car i have all the parts to get this thing back on the road.i plan on putting a cobra upper and lower intake and cobra skirts all the way around.the roll cage and harwood hood are for sale so i'm open to offers.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the T-Top club! :nice:

What basic things do you have to knock out? I noticed the block under the wheel...does that mean that there are no brakes or no engine...whats the deal?

What basic things do you have to knock out? I noticed the block under the wheel...does that mean that there are no brakes or no engine...whats the deal?

this is my second t-top car i have 88 in the garage but it has framerail rot i have given up restoring that one because i don't know how to repair this kind of work.

it has new brake lines in it but no hand brake the car is pretty much a shell the previous owner said he bought it this way.it doesn't have any wiring in it except for the taillights and the dash is there but there is no heater .i will have to transfer everything over from my other 2 cars. this thing has a 4:11 rear end so i will have to replace that with a 3:08.supposedly this thing was running 11's in the quarter.i can't believe someone would do this to a t-top car this guy actually hollowed out the doors welded in the mounting holes for the passenger seat and tacked on that hideous 4 point roll cage.you would think he would have found a nice notch to do this to and not a rare car.i hope to start on the engine bay by welding all the cheese grater holes.i also have some extra wiring and will be able to extend and hide all the wiring.

better check that thing isn't all twisted up from any sort of power before you get too far into it. T-tops cars aren't very structural. From what i have seen they are worse than verts because even verts got additional bracing underneath.

better check that thing isn't all twisted up from any sort of power before you get too far into it. T-tops cars aren't very structural. From what i have seen they are worse than verts because even verts got additional bracing underneath.

i am thinking of welding some subframe connectors in before i remove the cage but from looking at the framerails and the body lines it looks pretty straight.that is something a friend of mine and i talked about before i bought the car .