Finally did it!! Got a Cobra!!

StangyStealth

Founding Member
Dec 20, 2001
West Texas
Hey guys... Well, I finally did it. I have driven 2 v6 stangs and a 85 gt. Totalled my orange 04, and have been fooling around with turbo 4 cylinders for a few months. Well, as fun as those nimble little things are, and as quick as they are, I finally figured out that I have been away from my true passion of cars (stangs) for too long. So, I went looking. Found me a very nice 98 Cobra - my favorite body style mustangs (94-98) since the late 60's. Maroon in color, black leather interior, 5 spd, 84,000 on the clock. But for a good price. $9000. So, its mine! Picked it up yesterday, and I must say, It's the most fun Ive had driving in a long time. Great sound, great feel.. great car!!

Anyway, just wanted to share the news.

Ill post pics soon!

If anyone has any good aftermarket parts for sale.. let me know!!

• Sponsors (?)

No, no mods yet.. Just some exhaust work. The previous owner cut the mufflers out and welded in some 2.5" resonators. Sounds pretty mean, but has the popping noise of glasspacks (yuk!) But, I have some flowmasters on the way to cure that problem.

The color, to me looks to be maroon. Not sure of the exact color. Just a dark shade of red, but definitely not torch red, or something there of. Im sure the Laser Red Metallic Clearcoat is probabily it. Pics are on the way!

I was fiddling with 1g dsm's. Had a 91 GSX Eclipse and a 90 Laser RS turbo. The laser was only front wheel drive, but damn it was fast. They are great cars, fun to play with and nimble as hell, but still will never look,feel or sound like a v8 stang.