Finally dynoed my car

eric88gt

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2000
Chisholm, MN
I was finally able to dyno my car yesterday, been waiting a long time and finally had the chance, and here's how it went... 295 horspower at 5500 and 327 ft-lbs at 3900. Oh yeah, the car is still speed density with a stock fuel pump and injectors with about 186k on them. The car started breaking up right after the hp peak, or i think it would've made a few more horsepower. The guy running the dyno said it's running out of fuel. Needless to say i was more than happy, i was hoping for 270's...

• Sponsors (?)

eric88gt said:
I was finally able to dyno my car yesterday, been waiting a long time and finally had the chance, and here's how it went... 295 horspower at 5500 and 327 ft-lbs at 3900. Oh yeah, the car is still speed density with a stock fuel pump and injectors with about 186k on them. The car started breaking up right after the hp peak, or i think it would've made a few more horsepower. The guy running the dyno said it's running out of fuel. Needless to say i was more than happy, i was hoping for 270's...
Awsome! That will be a fun car on the street. Have fun playing with the WRX's and EVO's!:nice:

Yeah, the car is pretty fun, surprises a lot of people. And thanks, i think the best was when the guy running the dyno came and found me to tell me my car was a freak. Before he ran it he said he didn't understand how i ran it the way it was with a stock shifter, speed density and stock fuel injection to a 12.51. After he was done he said he figured it out. I got a kick outta that

good combo i just did the conversion because eberyone said an sd car would run like crap with mods.... guess who's right who's wrong and who just wasted money on mass air conversion

well i own a sd car and they are not half bad mine has edelbrock heads and cobra intake with a tfs 1 cam and 1.7 rockers and it runs awsome. but you can tell its sd while trying to launch hard and the starvation for fuel with stock fuel injectors . :D

When it was dynoed it was at 14 degrees of advance, and it seemed to be running out of fuel and sputtered a few times or i believe it would've been right around 300 even, i should have paid for the wide band, but i'm cheap, so i didn't. The car runs just fine, other than the occasional hunting idle. Still gets 23-24 mpg on the highway. I can't complain. Oh yeah, computer is stock, i'm at 44-45 pounds of fuel pressure with the vacuum unhooked.

Yeah, the car is a 5sp, no custom chip or anything, computer is completely stock. I believe my best 1/8th mile is a 7.99 at 88.2, i think i missed fourth on that run (i know, that's hard to do) or it would've been a 12.40's pass in the quarter.