Finally Finished!

retfr8flyr

Jun 24, 2006
Finally got my new turbos installed, replacing my Garrett 57mm BB turbos, so except for the new tune, I am finished with the car. Really like the feel after the install, much faster spool with just normal driving, can't wait to get it tuned. I had to add some fuel to the tune, as it was running a little lean. I guess these move a lot more air at lower rpm's with the billet compressors. Here are a couple pics of the finished product.

Comp Turbo CT3-6062 Triple Ceramic Oil-less Billet turbos.
comp2.jpg

new4.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Now I can take the time to get this thing all cleaned and polished up for this season.

Earl

• Sponsors (?)

Update.
I had a very conservative 15# street tune done and the car made 507 hp and 466 tq, remember this is an turbo auto and they don't dyno real well because the dyno can't load the turbos enough. I decided not to do an all out race gas tune this time since I have decided to not put a bar in the car and normally I will be limited to 11.50 or slower at the track.

Went to a private track rental at MIR Friday and turned a best of 11.09 at 126 in full street trim. The car weighed 4015 lbs with me in it. I drove 2 hrs to the track, raced all day and then drove home. Never had to touch the car, except to lower the rear tire pressure, check the fluids, let it cool between passes and bring the rear tire pressure back up for the trip home. I am very happy with my car now and don't see any big changes in the future.

Earl