finally get to meet George barris

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhhhh... yessss I have heard of him. Thanks Wart! Yeah he's built some pretty wild customs. A buddy of mine is really into him, along with several other 50's and 60's customizers and painters. I think that's where I heard the name before.

Didn't he also build the Corvette in "Corvette Summer"?

George Barris rocks!

I met him at a car show when I was 12 years old. What I thought was really kool is that he took the time to answer my 100 questions about the Batmobile!
Thinking back, Your a Famous car builder, Your in Toronto, Partially clad women about, and you take a 1/2 hour to talk to a kid! One of the hobby/sports good guys!

Northern J II said:
Thinking back, Your a Famous car builder, Your in Toronto, Partially clad women about, and you take a 1/2 hour to talk to a kid! One of the hobby/sports good guys!

Thinking back, I remember when Barris creations were a traveling exhibition at county fairs. I saw a Batmobile behind a yellow poly rope in a sweltering tent at the Fair in late August. I believe the 'brag board' said the car was valued at $50,000, quite a chunk back then.

Now to get that close you would almost have to make an appointment to see it while under armed guard.