Finally getting somewhere

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
Since the car has been running I have been fighting a huge lean condition. After putting a 300 dollar pump to have it lock up on me ten minutes after running, it did help a litte, but not nearly enough. So I figured it had to be the main body that I replaced. I had high jetting from the get go for an N/A app. So I stole 12sec67's main body of his 650. I slap it in and start at 72/82 as opposed to 83/93 I had with the 750 proform. Just by looking at the difference of main bodies, you can see why. The down legs are tiny in the venturi's of the 750. The 650 on the hand, has slightly smaller venturi's, but larger boosters. that in turn forces more air thru the booster. Right of the bat the 72/82 jetting gave me the same results as the 87/97 I had in the 750 when giving it boost. I take the jetting to 77/87 and it gets better. I don't want to go too high in the jetting so I decide it's time to do the airbleeds. I epoxy them shut for testing. I measured them before covering them and they were at about 29 thousands. I drill the new holes to .020, and jet up two more fornt and back to 79/89 for good measure. Here's the good part. The thing is so rich now the LM-1 dives to 10.0 and won't go any lower, and begins to stumble. :banana: So yes Rich, you will probably be getting that proform. I am going to go pull some jets out and scare myself. I will report later.:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

10secgoal said:
So I stole 12sec67's main body of his 650.... So yes Rich, you will probably be getting that proform. I am going to go pull some jets out and scare myself. I will report later.:rolleyes:

sweeeeet.... i'm getting a proform main body:banana:

i'm also happy for you 10secgoal:rlaugh:

Outstanding ! It is loading up a bit, but I think it's when the power valve is opening up. It clears up and flattens to 11.2-11.4 on the top end. It feels better at 11.5-11.6. So time to take more jet out. Right now it has 74/84

it feels much faster... scared the crap out of tony when i took him on a ride...

1st just breaks the tires at full throttle no matter where i'm at in the rpms and 2nd feels strong as hell once the tires stick :rlaugh: ... and third its moving:nice:

BTW...thats just with it switching gears in drive at 5500 rpms:banana: