Finally got a couple of dyno runs!!!

whitesqual

Sep 3, 2008
Coeur D'alene, ID
Well, I took a trip down to Western Wyoming College in the mustang for my little brothers graduation. Drove through the rain storms that turned into blizzards yesterday, luckily without incident. They were gracious enough to let me run her on their Mustang dyno at the school. Their dyno sits at 6475 ft elevation and the D.A. was 8214. My max tq was 376.773 and max hp was 362.013. The way they had it set up, the run started at 4700 rpm for some reason. It made max tq as soon as the tests started. But it was free, so I can't complain too much. I will post up the runs when I get home. Also a little video of me doing the quarter mile on the dyno. It ran a 13.52 at 103 and a 13.54 at 105 which isn't terrible I guess, considering the elevation and DA.

• Sponsors (?)

The dyno correction factor for your elevation and DA is 1.281 so the corrected numbers are 463.7rwhp and 482.6rwtq. Very stout indeed.

Does that apply to boosted applications? It seems to me that a MAP of 10 psi contains the same number of air molecules whether one's at sea level or 6400 feet. Now N/A I can see the difference.

Does that apply to boosted applications? It seems to me that a MAP of 10 psi contains the same number of air molecules whether one's at sea level or 6400 feet. Now N/A I can see the difference.

Good point Richard. I forgot to take that into account. I'm not sure if 12psi of boost at sea level is still 12psi of boost at 6400ft so maybe someone else can answer that one.

The dyno correction factor for your elevation and DA is 1.281 so the corrected numbers are 463.7rwhp and 482.6rwtq. Very stout indeed.

lol that would be awesome! But unfortunately those numbers are already corrected. I was in a hurry when I started the thread and left some info out. The 12 psi in my signature is at my home elveation which is around 2500 ft. At 6475 where it was being dynoed, it made about 9 psi with the same pulley.

dyno0001.jpg