Finally Ran My 91 At The Track Last Night With The New Setup

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
Last run with the old motor/trans it ran a best of 14.79@92. I turned a best of 13.55@107 with a 2.29 60' last night. I don't get out the track very often due to work so my driving sucks and my 17" Cooper radials were giving me fits all night. 1st and 2nd gear were mostly useless, car didn't really get to hit it's stride until 3rd and 4th gear. Didn't break though other then a rock got tossed at me on the top end and bullseye'd my windshield. My crappy exhaust worked loose and started leaking again too. I should note that I ran an Integra on slicks, we both botched our runs, and he got going before me, however once I got rolling I stopped his pull on the second half of the track. I saw him later run a 12.2@117, so I feel the car has more then 107 in it if I could drive the damn thing. Having a dead T-lok in the 8.8 probably doesn't help much either.

nzehs4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Rock from another car I hope and not some jerk in the stands...

Over a second ET drop from the old setup with more to go sounds pretty good though!
What happened to your windshield? How does a rock get tossed at you on the drag strip?? That sucks!

Your car definitely has more in it! That's got the 347 in it, right?

Was a rock picked up by a another car's slicks. First time I've ever seen it happen before. It's a 347, never have gotten it tuned or dyno'd. I still need to spend some more money on the car, but I've had other priorities, so it has been on the back burner unfortunately. I put some videos together of some of my runs:

You're telling me. I got one of those repair kits from the local parts store. After I get the exhaust buttoned up I'm going to give it a go, hopefully I can save the windshield since it is the original one.
Man, you might want to go ahead and call safelight or something, OEM windsheilds are getting pretty rare, and their chip repair service is pretty good.

Nice! Brand recommendation for future reference?

It was a VersaChem kit. Had all the same components that the Permatex kits also have. So I think either one will work.

Sounds like your loosing something somewhere. I just ran a 13.3 @ 105 with 273s

Yeah I'm loosing a ton through my 60'. I made most of my speed and time up after the 330 mark.

was that challenger a v-6 or something? automatic challenges will go low 13's off the show room floor with a little time learning to drive it..

It was an R/T and he was new, I wish I had one of my cameras pointed out the passenger window. That was my first run and I realized once I grabbed 3rd that I was only at about 60% throttle. So I floored it and started pulling on him. Was kinda funny to me.