Finance your modifications?

SFLDragon said:
no you are able to enjoy something right now that otherwise you would not have been able too. And the mechanics working here are actually quite good.
i do believe that you are just saying that about the mechanics. :) i'd much rather install something myself instead of have a guy who just worked on a windstar get into the guys of my cobra.
and i won't ask why you'd want people to finance their mods through you, its pretty evident why a dealership would enjoy getting that much more cash out of its customers. :)

• Sponsors (?)

joshman1204 said:
If the dealer is a ford motorsport dealer no matter what mods they install they will be covered by the factory warranty. If motorsport offers a blower for a 05gt and you have it installed at the dealership it is covered under your standard 3/36. If the dealer is not motorsport certified they are not supposed to perform drive train mods on ANY new vehicle no matter what!!
That is false. Always read the fine print, and make sure you know what you are getting into. First, FRPP parts are generally not warrantied -- it breaks the day after you install it, tough. And the factory warranty has no provision for aftermarket parts, no matter who produces them or installs them, putting on any supercharger will void the warranty on your engine and transmission immediately, and probably the driveshaft, differential, and axles. Also, be sure you read fine print like this on the FRPP supercharger kits: "*Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles"

It pays to do your research before putting down the money. There are a lot of people that are new to this who seem to think they can have their cake and eat it too. Unfortunately that is not the way it works :).

Dave

Instead of financing why don't dealerships drop the "Market Adjusted" price fixing feature and sell the cars with the idea that you will buy mods from them. If they supported their customers, especially ethusiasts that buy Muscle and Sports cars, and portrayed themselves as the place to go for the aftermarket instead of the dreaded warranty watchers everything would be great. Imagine having to decide if you want a supercharger factory installed before you even order it.