finished a long project

well it's not a mustang but it was practice for my mustangs for later.

I painted my fiberglass dune buggy and was it a pain in the ass.

fiberglass cars are hard to body work on and painting it just gave me practice for when I paint my mustangs.

here's a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

100_6128.jpg

100_6127.jpg

100_6123.jpg

these were taken before the clear went on, the clear is drying as I type.

mike

Attachments

• 100_6128.jpg
    100_6128.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_6127.jpg
    100_6127.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_6123.jpg
    100_6123.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

they are all vw because of the transaxle setup (rear mount tranny)

some have adapted the corvair air cooled motor to fit but its real over kill because of front end weight issues (basically there is none) and I have seen recently a turbo subaru motor in a karman ghia, but since this is my first I wanted something fast but not overkill. so I had a 1904 stroker motor built with a freeway flyer tranny for lower rpm on the highway. dual kadron 40mm carbs and a bitchin exhaust. by the end of december I'll have the motor and everything mounted and ready to wire it up.

the chasis is a stock vw bug cut down 14 inches, we did put new floor pans in and coated the entire thing in por 15 for rust preventative.

over all I have most of the parts in the garage it's just hard to find time to put it all together with work and school. but the body work has taken me over 6 months to complete. this thing was a nightmare when I got it. it had been sitting out side next to a barn for about 20 years. last registered in 1983.

I'll post more pics as the progress happens.

(once this is done I have a westfalia camper to restore, then I'm redoing my 71 mustang)

mike