Finishing Touches On Sc V2 Install

I estimate with 93 octane and intake temps below 160* the tuner will run it around 23* total timing at 10psi or less. this is roughly .5* retard per psi from a stock A9L curve of 28* total.

If the timing climbs above 25* total at or around 10psi on a street tune with no meth injection i call the tuners common sense into question, will it make great numbers on the dyno? yes. Will there be a nagging sense of what if I get a bad tank of gas? yes.

IMHO on a street tune with boost above 8psi keeping the timing below 23* total is a safe bet and will keep things together even if you get a bad tank of gas.
Come on Bro! We're talking dyno numbers, push it to the MAX and print the brag sheet, then dial the car down and keep those numbers secret ;)

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Update -

Car finally hit the dyno today. Made 400whp with timing set at 20 but kept leaning out. It’s making 15lbs of boost so tuner is recommending a larger pulley and more timing.

I think 15lbs is too much - hoping he can bump the timing and make 11-12lbs and hit the 440 mark

Reactions: 1 users
I see my estimate of .5* per psi was right on the money.
12 psi total timing of 23* your there.
Problem tuner is having is that I’m at 15psi @ 20* and it’s leaning out.

I need a pulley swap or fuel line upgrade was his recommendation. I’m just not sure what size pulley I should change my 3.12 to..

Do you know what the injector duty cycle was? 55psi on the rail is nothing really (40 base +15psi) if it was leaning out your either out of injector or out of pump.... the stock rails will easily support what your asking of them

Do you know what the injector duty cycle was? 55psi on the rail is nothing really (40 base +15psi) if it was leaning out your either out of injector or out of pump.... the stock rails will easily support what your asking of them
Tuner didn’t say...42lb injectors and 340lph pump so I should be fine on both.

A few people that I’ve asked have recommended taking it to another tuner. 3.12/6.75 should not be making 15lbs and it also shouldn’t be leaning out at 400hp requiring more fuel.

what Heads and intake are on it ?

I agree it shouldn’t be running out of fuel . I made 435 on 7.5 psi with a old school a trim with those injectors, pump and stock lines and rails .

Would a bad battery potentially cause it. My battery’s been weak...I ordered a new optima but it didn’t arrive before it went to tuner.

Not sure how easily the tuner would catch it.

Update -
Tuners confident it’s too much boost. Either way I’m not comfortable with 15lbs. I’m going to swap out to a 3.47 and give it a go...hopefully that puts me at 10-12lbs with my 4” powerpipe

I think a 3.33 would do what you need . Seems something in the intake track is becoming a restriction thus making all that boost . Be it the heads or intake itself .

I had this issue with my 170s on my stroker with the ysi . 3.12 pulley and a 8 inch lower would get me to 22psi or better if I stayed in it .

3.33 would make around 15-16 on mine . Case in my story is it’s a measurement of restriction . Once something becomes the brick wall it makes killer pressure .

I think a 3.33 would do what you need . Seems something in the intake track is becoming a restriction thus making all that boost . Be it the heads or intake itself .

I had this issue with my 170s on my stroker with the ysi . 3.12 pulley and a 8 inch lower would get me to 22psi or better if I stayed in it .

3.33 would make around 15-16 on mine . Case in my story is it’s a measurement of restriction . Once something becomes the brick wall it makes killer pressure .

Thanks for the response - really appreciate the insight. I ended up ordering the 3.47 because I need to get this thing out of the guys shop and figured 15 on 3.12 would be 13 or so on a 3.33. I’d like to be 10-12.

65mm TB - Cobra Intake Manifold with Edelbrock performer heads 1.94/1.60. The build sheet also tells me intakes been ported to match a 1250 Felpro and everything extrude honed.

I did change the upper intake gasket so maybe I misaligned it ? Seemed like it went on pretty good to me though.