First Build

So... For what I'm doing, should I do anything as far as pistons/rings or cylinder work? Or will I be fine with bolt ons and tune? 80k orig mi.
80k on that thing ? LET IT ROCK !

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So we spoke briefly about a shift kit for AOD, what's that about? Do I need to drop trans? Is it doable or should I let a pro handle it? Also , what kit would you recommend?
Thanks guys!

It's doable in car, just have to drop the trans pan. Transgo makes a good one. Another option is a silverfox valve body, basically a factory valve body with the shift kit already installed so you have less chance of losing a spring, checkball, drilling too deep, etc. It's a lot pricier though, but can also be a bit more customized.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm gonna replace the stock fan, recommendations? Keep in mind I want to maintain "daily driver" capabilities...
Also, should I plan on swapping radiators or is stock ok?
Thanks fellas!

junkyard fans from either a taurus, contour, or mark viii work well, which one you choose depends on personal preference, space available, and your own personal fab skills (none are a bolt on, you'll have to figure out you're own mounting and wiring).

if you look at toolow91's thread, i think he just got an aftermarket black magic setup that looks pretty cool. i know the old ones didnt really pull enough air, dont know how the new one's work.

for a rad, i run the frpp piece, but griffin, fluidyne, becool, and mishimoto all make good stuff. i was about to say it isnt a needed upgrade with what you're running, but then i remembered the vortec, which boots it up the priority list. be aware though, that all the aluminum rads are going to thicker than the stocker, so especially with the blower you'll have to really think about your fan choice.

Also if you go with an elec fan you need to upgrade the alternator to a 130 amp. The stock alt doesn't have enough juice. I've been looking at the black magic fan on late model restoration. They also have combo kits you could check out.

The new ones work well - over 3000 cfm . Used them on. My buddy's coyote swap and a 306 s trim car no issue

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

There is nothing wrong with replacing the stock clutch fan with another one Unless you uprade the fan to a 3g, do not put en E fan on.

You can get either a JY 3G off a 94-95 mustang for about $40 or a new one for about $100 from rockauto. You will also need the wiring kit which is about $35.

I am partial to the Taurus or MkViII fans as they are OEM quality, pull more CFM than any aftermarket fan, are cheap and plentiful. For a controller I like the flex a lite 33054. For a replacement radiator, hard to beat a champion all aluminum for under $200 with a lifetime warranty.

Just NO to anything Accel. I prefer Ford Racing OEM injectors. If you want new- hard to beat this price

Ford Racing 42 lb Fuel Injectors - (Set of 8) M-9593-F302 at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries

I have had good luck in getting used injectors, but I would want to inspect them first. Do a search on here and the Corral. Lots of guys selling parts. Make sure they have positive feedback. I bought my set of 30# Ford injectors for $75.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So I got the aeromotive 340lph, lookin over the instructions it says to achieve the full flow of the pump to install aftermarket wiring kit with 10g wire and a direct alternator supply... Did you guys do this or thoughts on this?

I wanna swap my factory valve covers for ford racing vc's however all the ones I'm looking at require "modification to clear intake" , guy on summit chat said a phenolic spacer would solve... You guys advised against a spacer on this thread earlier... Thought on this issue? Is a spacer a good idea in that circumstance or should I explore other options befor considering a spacer?
Thanks gents