First Gear

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a cut paste I snagged.

If I remember correctly the reason you want to use the 94-95 they have the closest transfer curve to the fox computer. You don't want to slap on the wrong MAF as it can cause the engine to run lean even though you may not notice it.

Here is a list I did of interchangeable MAF's a few months back.

1995-94 Mustang 3.8L F2VF-12B579- A1a or A2A,
1994-92 Crown Victoria 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1995-94 Mustang, Mustang Cobra 5.0L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Town Car 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Grand Marquis 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2

For the flange adapter, you can either buy this adapter , look on ebay, fab on up.

http://www.kustomz.com/components.html

thanks man......

I'll post a pic tomorrow...and maybe u can tell me what to get??.
thanks

thanks man......

I'll post a pic tomorrow...and maybe u can tell me what to get??.
thanks

You're welcome. Just get any one of those numbers listed above along with the tubing adapter in the link. Slap it on, plug n play. Revert back to stock any time if you want. But I doubt you will

A million years ago, I had my stock MAM bored to 62mm's. Worked great. No changes to idle or fuel economy.
Car ran a best of 13.2 at 101 with 3.73's and an off road H pipe... no other mods.
Looking back, I should have just stopped the mods there.

there...error the first time

Attachments

• 20171005_172112.jpg
    20171005_172112.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 85
IMO, look for a factory SN95 5.0 maf sensor. You'll need an adapter to make it fit in the fox intake system, but it is very cheap. You can find the adapter on ebay. I'm running a stock intake system with a ford racing panel filter, air silencer removed, and a 95' mustang gt maf sensor with the adapter. I'm using the factory maf screen with it too since it helps to improve the accuracy of the maf sensor reading by smoothing the air flow. I've ran it with and without the screen, and I've noticed that the exhaust smells more without the screen and the gas tank seemed to empty out quicker. Also, I would replace that old aftermarket cold air setup with the factory intake setup. My stang' had an old cold air intake like yours when I bought the car and I ended up buying the factory intake system from ebay along with the high flow panel filter. The fenderwell cone filter was completely clogged up with dirt and dead bugs, so I just replaced the whole thing. The only restriction within the stock intake system (excluding the intake manifold) is the 55mm maf, the air silencer, and the factory paper air filter. Also, if the engine is stock and the stock intake manifold is not ported, don't bother revving past 5100 rpm. You'll just increase the rate of engine wear and put extra stress on the stock valve springs. If you get the lower intake ported (the actual restriction that is even too restricted for the stock E7's) then you can get a few hundred more rpms out of it before the power curve begins to take a dive.