First Post! Question about factory 18" wheels, please help

Siggy33

Nov 6, 2005
whats up guys... i just ordered my '06 GT on friday but they could not process the order until tomorrow morning due to the weekend. i ordered the 18" polished-aluminum wheels that were a late availability option for the '06s. they kinda look like the 17" "mag" wheels that come stock. has anyone seen these on an actual mustang...i havent and cannot find pictures either. in the brochure they just show the wheel. i think they will look great but i am not sure which makes me wary to order them. i need to tell the salesman by morning whether or not i want them...if you guys could help me out that would be great - any opinions or pics are welcome.

glad to be part of your club, later...

• Sponsors (?)

You mean like this?

18inchBullitts-3.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

holy crap!!! is that them?!?! dude, those look freakin awesome!!

66Satellite, ive been looking for a pic for 2 days now! thanks a lot, i can sleep peacefully tonight...im definately sticking with those. thanks again bro.

Siggy33 said:
holy crap!!! is that them?!?! dude, those look freakin awesome!!

66Satellite, ive been looking for a pic for 2 days now! thanks a lot, i can sleep peacefully tonight...im definately sticking with those. thanks again bro.

No worries. There are more photos on that link I put at the bottom of the pic (was hard to see it).

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

Post pics of your car when you get it. They should look awesome. :nice:

Be absolutely certain that you are getting what you think you are getting. I ordered my 06 GT October 1st, and the salesman TOLD me that those wheels were available. I asked for a photo and they couldn't provide one. After much digging, I found out that the only 18's that were available as of Oct.1 were the "other" 18's which I did not like. I got the base "bullitt" wheels and got wheels and tires from AFS wheels off of Ebay for less than the hefty $1,000 18" wheel option . . .and that was the 18's that are on the cover of the '06 sales brochure. Just be sure . . . and congrats!

Black2006GT said:
Be absolutely certain that you are getting what you think you are getting. I ordered my 06 GT October 1st, and the salesman TOLD me that those wheels were available. I asked for a photo and they couldn't provide one. After much digging, I found out that the only 18's that were available as of Oct.1 were the "other" 18's which I did not like. I got the base "bullitt" wheels and got wheels and tires from AFS wheels off of Ebay for less than the hefty $1,000 18" wheel option . . .and that was the 18's that are on the cover of the '06 sales brochure. Just be sure . . . and congrats!

Yeah, I was kinda concerned with that very issue because I too do not like the "other" 18"s. I called the delaer today to clear things up and he said that everything was cool and I was getting the right wheels. I guess all I can do is trust him, and hope when the car gets here it will have the right 18s on it because I think they look really f'in cool.

Black2006GT said:

Ford re-calibrates the suspension at the factory for the 18" wheel option so it will ride better than just changing to aftermarket wheels. Check out the brochure, that's where I got this info. Guess they change shock and spring rates.

Hey Siggy you ordered 18" wheels on yours? What's your option code, 64E or 64W? I couldn't remember your order details when I put it on hold indefinitely out of pure spite.

Those new 18" polished look GREAT, wish they where available when I purchased mine a year ago. I saw a yellow GT this morning with those wheels and they look even better in person. Does anyone know what the cost would be to purchase these from Ford? I have been waiting for a really good looking wheel aftermarket but haven't found anything that I think look that great on the GT, these seem to fit the bill for the look I am going for.

64e

Dyoct said:
Hey Siggy you ordered 18" wheels on yours? What's your option code, 64E or 64W? I couldn't remember your order details when I put it on hold indefinitely out of pure spite.

What you want is the 64E I went through the same thing when I ordered mine on 11/11. I told the saleman I didn't want the Premium Aluminum Wheel I wanted the Polished-Aluminum Wheel, he made sure when he looked it up to double check the code it was 64E.

I just wanted to update everyone on the right order code for the wheels. Fords official build guide says the 64E is the Polished 18" wheel but in fact it is 64W. I received a phone call from my sales rep today telling me that Ford had the codes mixed, and he reassured me that I'm getting the correct wheels with 64W.

Here's a shot that I got that shows the other 18" wheel option. They're on the coupe on the left. Sorry it's not a closer view of the wheels but I didn't realise the coupe had the other 18's until after I got home and looked at the pictures.

wheels29rp.jpg

Attachments

• wheels29rp.jpg
    wheels29rp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
Finn, thats pretty much what my car is going to look like (without the red leather...black charcoal leather for mine). The picture is good and they look great on the car...but its only a picture. You saw them in person, did they look as good on the car as I hope they're gonna?