First Project, A '73 Notchback

McDoosh

May 21, 2013
So I just wanted to take a look at some Foxes on Ebay to replace my daily when I ended up walking away with a '73 Notchback. It needs some body work and I have to admit that I really don't know much about first gens. This will be my first project car, period. I will definitely be in need of good advice and I have several questions about what exactly I just bought.

For instance, I'm not sure what exactly fits in the cutout on the hood. I know that the engine was replaced, so I don't think the hole is being utilized anymore. I'd rather use the existing cutout by buying something for it than to buy another hood, but I'm not sure what will fit, pardon my ignorance. Will a 69/70 shaker do? Any feedback at all would be very helpful...

View attachment 119076 View attachment 119077

Attachments

• my gen1 01.JPG
    my gen1 01.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 155
  • my gen1 02.JPG
    my gen1 02.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)

hood prices have come down a lot .I would go with this hood ,it is available at any parts dealer,it was used from 71-73 and fits coupe convertible and fast back

Horse Sence, that's a good idea. I had a feeling that it was a custom job. So I'm looking at getting the hood, the plenum, and the bezels. Anything else I would need to buy?