Flowmasters out...Super Turbos and Tailpipes are in. It’s super quiet .

deathb4dismount

Crap, didn’t realize my crotch was in that picture
15 Year Member
Oct 6, 2011
THE BUCKET
I was excited to get out there but it wasn’t even an enjoyable ride. I can’t take another season of these. I’m going to order super turbos. Any one know the correct part number for 2.5 inch inlet outlet?

• Sponsors (?)

My car has some sort of Frankenstein exhaust on it with flow masters. The po put Hedman steel headers, some sort of x pipe (catted) and flowmasters. Not sure of the series, but I hear more engine inside when I get on it. It sounds mellow from the outside. I like it. They are black flowmasters that look fairly old. I’d like to hear the turbos your talking about. At the LMR website, you can go to the Flowmaster American thunder section and hear it on a red car. I love that sound.

My car has some sort of Frankenstein exhaust on it with flow masters. The po put Hedman steel headers, some sort of x pipe (catted) and flowmasters. Not sure of the series, but I hear more engine inside when I get on it. It sounds mellow from the outside. I like it. They are black flowmasters that look fairly old. I’d like to hear the turbos your talking about. At the LMR website, you can go to the Flowmaster American thunder section and hear it on a red car. I love that sound.

I’d bet they are 40 series or 44s. I had them on a previous car with a catted h pipe and it was actually not too bad but motor was all stock. With the the cam and off road h though they are just too much. I know a catted mid pipe would help, but that has to wait for longtubes. I’m just looking for a quiet muffler and the general consensus is super turbos are the quietest

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. 44’s are louder then 40’s? I dunno, probably the same. I would like to change my exhaust just for the appearance only, but I like the sound. Definitely want new headers, they look like :poo:.

I’ll get some pics of it when I go back to work, the rear pipes look funny. Thank god they are hidden behind the bumper.

I’d bet they are 40 series or 44s. I had them on a previous car with a catted h pipe and it was actually not too bad but motor was all stock. With the the cam and off road h though they are just too much. I know a catted mid pipe would help, but that has to wait for longtubes. I’m just looking for a quiet muffler and the general consensus is super turbos are the quietest

Your car doesn’t have cats?

Ahh the voice of reason....." I've just turned 30, and I can't stand myself anymore.....WTF was I thinking? This sht isn't cool, it's just freakin noisy!!!".

Time for a real muffler.

I remember first beer too, mike. In my defense, minus the cam lope, I bought the car like this. Oh, btw do you know what part number?

If you're talking about the Dynmax Super Turbos. I had a set and they were quiter than the 40 series Flowmaster Delta Flows I have now. The reason I swapped them for the Flowmasters is because they didn't sound good with the aluminum heads and cam I have. They sounded great with the stock heads.

I remember first beer too, mike. In my defense, minus the cam lope, I bought the car like this. Oh, btw do you know what part number?
Hey I get it,..I used to drive my Mach 1 with open headers once or twice, and on drag slicks all summer long.

Would I do any of that sht now? Hell no, ( But there was that drag race in front of the Pascagoula PD that got me and @stangboy pulled over just last year..:banana:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you're talking about the Dynmax Super Turbos. I had a set and they were quiter than the 40 series Flowmaster Delta Flows I have now. The reason I swapped them for the Flowmasters is because they didn't sound good with the aluminum heads and cam I have. They sounded great with the stock heads.

Yah, I’m looking for the Dynomax Super Turbos.

I'm swapping my dynomax Ultraflo welded mufflers out for super turbo's soon.
Apparently ultraflo welded mufflers are the old race magnums.
I called dynomax, got a rookie on the phone, gave him my kit number and he gave me the part numbers to the 2.25 super turbo's (which is not what I need).
By matching up sizes of my ultraflo's, I came up with the 17629 as the correct super turbo (please research, I haven't tried it yet).

My car is pretty loud. Not terrible when cruising, but still i'm not really up for turning heads for a 1/4 mile in each direction, every time I start it up.

I wanted to add resonators, but because I use the x pipe (bassani stainless) off a 1996 cobra, it's just too close on the drivers side and i'm not up for a stainless exhaust project this year. I don't have cats either nor will they fit effortlessly.

I hope the super turbo's are as quiet as everyone suggests they are.

Last edited:
Ahh the voice of reason....." I've just turned 30, and I can't stand myself anymore.....WTF was I thinking? This sht isn't cool, it's just freakin noisy!!!".

Time for a real muffler.

I just took a ride after a long down time. Flowmaster 40's here and I love it. I'm 54, and "unrefined" I guess. I quit smoking, quit drinking, no drugs (for many years anyway). But, you cant have my loud exhaust or loud music, (of which I have a wide genre preference).

Now, when I hear an LS Camaro go by with cutouts in open mode, that's annoying to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users